Re: Sims 4 won't exit

by LuvEllaG

Original Post

Sims 4 won't exit

★★★ Novice

Everytime I try and exit out of the game it won't exit out, even if i try and click ctrl+alt+delete it won't allow me to click on anything it just stays on the sims 4 game. So I have to just shut my whole computer down in order to get out of it.

Message 1 of 10 (41,351 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Lets try doing a 'Clean Boot' and see if we get the same result afterwards.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Report back with results.

Message 2 of 10 (41,313 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Worked for me doing a clean boot. I could exit the game normally. But it is very annoying that this issue is happening. I hope it doesn't occur anymore.

Message 3 of 10 (40,368 Views)

★★★ Novice

If you can get to the search bar on the computer and it works, type in Task Manager and using that you should be able to force it to close. Hope this helps

Message 4 of 10 (40,346 Views)

★★ Novice
This has been happening to me of late too. My solution is to select the control, alt, del keys and then when the options come up I select "sign out." I, of course, sign back in as me and everything seems normal. The game is gone too. Exited, like I had intended. One thing I have noticed is that there is a NEW folder in the "saves" folder called "scratch" which was never there before. The content (389 files) contains lots of .sav and .thm files of various sizes, typically XXX KB's.
Message 5 of 10 (40,311 Views)

Champion (Retired)
This is a temporary folder used while you play. You can delete it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 10 (40,302 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
  • Thank You
Message 7 of 10 (38,649 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

My sims is just stuck ive I tried to delete it I tried to delete origin I try to log out of origin I’ve tried to get the search bar and type in task manager I try to shut down my computer i’ve tried control alt delete  but nothing works and I have a MacBook  so I don’t know if that makes a difference but I really need help 

Message 8 of 10 (36,503 Views)

★ Novice

That worked thanks!

Message 9 of 10 (26,554 Views)

Community Manager
That's great @LeeAnnIsAwesome. :D Let the poster know by giving their post some XP.

I'll close this thread here to limit necroposting.

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 10 of 10 (26,495 Views)