Sims 4 window freezing and minimizing, will not properly launch game.

by sunshinemeg97

Original Post

Sims 4 window freezing and minimizing, will not properly launch game.

★★★ Newbie

Hello, hopefully one of you will be able to help me out here. I just bought a few new packs for the Sims 4 and updated my game. When attempting to launch the game opens like it usually does then the game freezes and minimizes itself before loading anything. If I try to click back onto the Sims 4 window it will crash/minimize itself immediately again. I have removed my entire Mods folder, restarted my computer, repaired the game via Origin, and deleted the LastCrash and LastException files from my game folder. Any suggestions? Is this happening to anyone else after the latest update? This will be the first time I am trying to launch TS4 after the newest update.

Message 1 of 3 (492 Views)

Re: Sims 4 window freezing and minimizing, will not properly launch game.

@sunshinemeg97  Please try disabling Origin in-game: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.  If that doesn't help, make sure Discord is closed—check the Task Manager's background processes list—as well.

If you get another crash, please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, if it launches, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether you can get far enough to start a new save.

If that doesn't help either, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (467 Views)

Re: Sims 4 window freezing and minimizing, will not properly launch game.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

ive seen 4-5 other people post with the same problem, between my thread, and the 3 others, when it flashes open see if any other apps show,  such as discord, if it does go into task manager and end any runtimes related to it, that seems to be the fix

Message 3 of 3 (445 Views)