Sims 4 will not stop loading

by jabenc

Original Post

Sims 4 will not stop loading

★★ Novice

Hi,

Whenever I try to play a household in the Sims 4, my game gets stuck at the loading screen... forever. I saw a post similar to this and tried everything suggested, removing mods and cc, repairing the game, clearing cache folders, restarting my computer...nothing has worked.

Because it doesn’t leave the loading screen, the only way for me to close the Sims is to restart my computer. I play on an HP laptop... and I have for the past three years without this problem. I also have not downloaded anything new recently, no new packs or cc, and I have deleted a ton of extra things from my computer in case that was the issue. 

Does anyone have any new suggestions for me? Any and all help will be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 3 (164 Views)

Re: Sims 4 will not stop loading

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

i have also tried to do a factory reset, and everything works until I put the save file I want in the game goes back to the problem before: the loading screen won’t leave. Please help!

Message 2 of 3 (147 Views)

Re: Sims 4 will not stop loading

[ Edited ]

@jabenc  Try loading a backup copy of your save instead.  Use the manual method here:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

While you're poking around in the saves folder, please check to see whether your newest save files are bloated compared with older ones.  (You can look at the files in detail mode and sort by modified date.)  If the files are much larger—anywhere from two to ten or twenty times the size of a normal save—you probably have this issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-Freeze-Extended-Loading-Times-Save-Game/m-p...

Instructions for fixing it are in that post, although it sounds like you'd still need to revert to an earlier save and prevent the problem from occurring in the first place.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 3 (125 Views)