by Amazing333888

Original Post

Sims 4 will not start after new update

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs City Living Get to Work Get Together Parenthood Laundry Day Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The only way the game works is on Full Screen but when do play in full screen it will be very stretched out.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game will load right but after it gets to the main starting page the background will be black and it says I am offline even though I am not offline. I cannot click anything like the play button or get to the game options.
What do you expect to see? It back to normal and being able to play with it on Windowed Full Screen or Windowed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It happened after the most resent update

Black Screen 

Picture of what it looks like ^^

Message 1 of 10 (560 Views)

Re: Sims 4 will not start after new update

Hero

Hi @Amazing333888

Have you tried repairing the game yet ?

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (521 Views)

★★ Novice
Okay the DxDiag is attached.
Message 3 of 10 (502 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Your Graphics driver is two years old. Visit nvidia.com to update it.

Also you do not have much free space on your system drive. try uninstalling unneeded programs and run disc cleanup.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 10 (496 Views)

★★ Novice
I cleared up space and updated the driver and it is still not working.
Message 5 of 10 (470 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Did you Repair the game as Crinrict suggested? What does your Graphics options look like?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 10 (463 Views)

★★ Novice
How do you repair the game?
Message 7 of 10 (442 Views)

Repair2.png   

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 8 of 10 (436 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This exact thing happened to me.  I tried uninstalling it and downloading it again but nothing changed.  I also tried erasing some mods and cc but it was still the same.  Can someone please help?  I can't find any solutions on the internet.  ("You are Offline" black starting screen)  Please help !!

Message 9 of 10 (393 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please read previous replies.

Message 10 of 10 (384 Views)