Sims 4 will not load past the plumbob loading screen.

by Minegamer612

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 will not load past the plumbob loading screen.

@Minegamer612  This issue shouldn't be unfixable, especially since you're able to play the first time in a clean user folder.  Try playing in a new Windows user account.  Make it an admin account, and don't sync it with OneDrive or bring over any settings from your current one.  You'll be able to login to your existing Origin account and run Sims 4 without downloading anything.  Don't move over your saves or other content yet; just see whether you can keep playing in that account without constantly refreshing the user folder.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 15 (348 Views)

★★★ Novice

Could I run it in a virtual machine?

Message 12 of 15 (347 Views)

@Minegamer612  Yes, you could, but performance would be somewhere between bad and unbearable.  Most VMs don't have direct (or "direct") access to hardware or their own graphics drivers, so the game would be rendered in software mode only.  To give you an idea, I tried this once to see what would happen, and I averaged about one frame per second.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 13 of 15 (334 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yea I knew that was going to happen xd. If I just can't stand it I will try it on another account. Nvm. I will just create another account. I thought it was going to be harder but it wasn't

Message 14 of 15 (328 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I think my game is fixed! So I had to different sims 4 folders in my documents. So I deleted the one I don't need ad my game is loading fine now! 

Message 15 of 15 (311 Views)