Re: Sims 4 will not launch

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 will not launch

★★ Novice

Since a latest update on my laptop for Windows 10 my Sims 4 will not launch. I will press play via Origin and after about 30 seconds it goes back to the Origin Sims 4 page. I thought it was Origin at first but I am able to play Sims 3 just fine. I have tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling. It has made me download the Legacy edition but when I reinstall it I make sure that does not reinstall. I have also tried launching the game from the Sims 4 icon on my desktop and it does the same thing. I do not get an error message.

On a side note, if anyone can help me find out how to uninstall just the Legacy part since I have a 64 bit, that would be great.

Any help would be great. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this and trying to help.

Message 1 of 5 (375 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

@RoraRayne 

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

Rightclick the game in Origin and select Game properties on the Advanced tab choose 64bit from the dropdown.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (370 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@RoraRayne 

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

Rightclick the game in Origin and select Game properties on the Advanced tab choose 64bit from the dropdown.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (371 Views)

★★ Novice

So same issue that caused my game to crash is now causing my game not to launch. Lovely. I already spend an hour the other day going through mods that caused my game to crash and found 4. Now I will do that again to see what is causing the game not to load. I had already taken out the newest mods I downloaded today to see if they were the issue and it still happened. The game did load when I took out all my mods. So I will again do my mod test to see which one or ones I have to move out again.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 5 (357 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, I just bought the game ,,Sims 4,, but it not launch.. I tried everything, but it doesn't work 

Message 4 of 5 (279 Views)

@789456122346  Does your computer run Windows or macOS?  If Windows, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

If you have a Mac, please list its full specs, including operating system, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Either way, please describe in more detail what happens when you try to launch the game.  Does your computer freeze, does a title screen show up and then disappear, that kind of thing.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (260 Views)