Re: Sims 4 will not get to home screen or even loading screen

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
I have no s-club eyebrows and it still isn't working. Any other ideas?
Message 31 of 40 (956 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@michikominaj

Remove all mods/cc to see if the game works better, to make sure it's a mod problem
For example, move the mods folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to your Desktop and start the game.

If that works but you want to keep your mods, you can try some different things to sort out the ones not working:

• If your problem occurred after a certain mod haul, remove all these new mods (see if the game works), and then add back a few at a time, restarting the game in between until you see the problem occurring again. Remember that you can possibly have several broken mods.
  • If the problem started after the latest patch/update, always make sure to update your mods when you update your game. Check this list out for some mods that were broken in the Jungle Adventure patch
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/935494/broken-mods-jungle-adventure-feb-2018
  • Download Sims 4 Studio and do batch-fixes for your cc.
  • Search for the Mod Conflict Detector on google and run it, see if it can detect some broken/conflicting mods, remove these and try your game again. (Only detects conflicts between mods, not between mods and the game)
  • Like the first "solution", but for all your mods. Remove all and put back some at a time to find broken ones (last resort if you have like 1000 mods).

Good Luck!

Message 32 of 40 (948 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't have S-Club eyebrows at all... Was it anything else other than that? I have the same problem but I get past the loading screen and get to the main menu, and the main menu is a black screen of death. (second problem) I recently re-enabled mods (and downloaded a lot more mods tbh) because it had un-enabled mods when my game said I was offline and wouldn't let me play. (the first problem) It was an Origin update apparently while I was trying to reconnect. After the first problem was resolved, I got it to work again after updating it fully but as soon as I re-enabled mods, the Sims 4 broke again, which is the current and second problem. ;-; (rest in pepperonis, the Sims 4. You will be mist.) Sorry if this is confusing but I am a 6th grader who refuses to learn how to type correctly.

Message 33 of 40 (713 Views)

★★★ Novice

yea that's what I'm doing lol I have way too much

Message 34 of 40 (713 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What is the app?

Message 35 of 40 (632 Views)

Hero

@teaistrash wrote:

What is the app?

Could you elaborate on what you mean by that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 40 (623 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same thing is happening to me!! I don't understand how to fix this issue!! I have a windows 10 and mods and custom content! I cant even start the game, all it does is shows the maxis and sims 4 icon and then boom the screen goes white! PLEASE HELP ME!!

Message 37 of 40 (581 Views)

Hero

Hi @gamergirl42407 

the issue probably is that one or more of your mods are no longer compatible with the game.

Custom content can get outdated with patches. If it works when you remove your mods folder, then one or more mods/cc is no longer compatible with the game and you have to find those.

Use the 50/50 method: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 40 (557 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, I hate that my sims 4 games aren't working I am trying everything by updating and getting rid of my cc. My sims 4 game loads fine until the Sims 4 logo and copyright sign and then it just goes right what am I supposed to do?

Message 39 of 40 (537 Views)

Hero

Hi @big622 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 40 of 40 (529 Views)