Re: Sims 4 will not download or update Please Help

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims 4 will not download or update Please Help

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

My game was running just fine a few minutes ago, but when I tried to connect to the gallery I got a pop up saying I needed to restart and update my game first to go online.The game will not update, anytime I try it just says the download has been queued and it will not start. Origin is also telling that the folder for the game does not exist anymore and I need to pick a new location. I've tried uninstalling the game and origin, now when I try to reinstall my game it still says that the folder does not exist, and puts the download in a queue.

I have never had anything like this happen before, can somebody please help me figure this out?

Message 1 of 4 (484 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm literally having the exact same issue and I took both my saves and mods out of my electronic arts folder. I then added it back in to see if there was any difference but nothing. I still keep getting the same message. I don't know what's going on.

Message 2 of 4 (437 Views)

Hero

Hi @xXBetHanyXxX and @thecharsims

try resetting the installation folder for the game.

To do so, go to Origin and click on application settings.

Choose the installs and saves tab and re-choose the location to install the game too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (427 Views)

★★ Guide

Another person who was having the same issue, posted in another forum about a way they managed to fix their game to allow it to update. I did test it out and it actually worked for me. My game is updated now. The steps to fixing it, also automatically started attempting to update my other games. I figured I'd mentioned it in the event that may be informative to those who doesn't want origin to automatically update anything else. However, I may have automatic updates checked which could very well be the reason why that happened. Anyway, you can find the other forum here about this same issue along with the post on how to fix it so Sims 4 updates.

Thank you so much for your help.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Trying-to-update-my-game-and-origin-keeps-telling-me-to-c...

Message 4 of 4 (400 Views)