Sims 4 where do I put the mods folder?!

by WyvernNymph1

Original Post

Sims 4 where do I put the mods folder?!

★★★ Newbie

Product: EA Desktop
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post)
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Other (Please Describe)
Please describe I’m trying to play the sims 4 with mods. The folders are completely different to if you download it from origin. I’ve tried putting it next to the resource program but my mods were still not popping up
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 06/15/21
Summarize your bug I’m trying to play the sims 4 with mods. The folders are completely different to if you download it from origin. I’ve tried putting it next to the resource program but my mods were still not popping up
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Help
What happens when the bug occurs? Help
What do you expect to see? Help

Help

Message 1 of 3 (350 Views)

Re: Sims 4 where do I put the mods folder?!

@WyvernNymph1  The structure of the Sims 4 user folder is exactly the same no matter what platform you use to install the game.  Mods go in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods.  These folders won't exist until you launch the game for the first time.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (316 Views)

Re: Sims 4 where do I put the mods folder?!

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

As stated up above, your mods go to where the game is installed, which is in ....Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

You label this folder "Mods" (without quotes), and put your files there. Protip: keep in mind some mods have a limitation to how deep your folders can go, so either put it in from 0 to 2 folders deep (you could go deeper, but that's just unnecessary) in your mods folder.

If your mods also come with households and lots, those go in a separate folder, the Tray folder (....Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray\).

That's all there is to it.

Message 3 of 3 (282 Views)