Re: Sims 4 weird underwater graphics

by JeanVW

Original Post

Sims 4 weird underwater graphics

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hello there everyone,

Hello everyone.
I've just been playing with Island Living, but I'm noticing certain aliasing when submerged... aliasing that doesn't occur to the parts that are above water.
If you look closely the aliasing is very apparent.... It's also on dolphins etc. And it's in this picture especially noticable on her legs and the purple coral etc:

See here; https://ibb.co/t4vXJ6x (please click on the image to zoom in)

How is this possible when my game is running on the highest settings and I have no graphic card updates?

I run no reshade or sweetfx or anything like that. 

Message 1 of 8 (482 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@JeanVW

It all depends on how good your graphics card is. In addition, you have written that you do not have updated graphics drivers. Maybe you should first download and install these drivers, and then check how this image will change.

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 8 (451 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

Well, my graphics card is an Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti, 4 GB.

Which should be sufficient. And I meant that I have updated drivers, I meant 'no drivers' as in no available updates. 

Message 3 of 8 (444 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@JeanVW

Maybe try to change settings in the graphics option of the game.
In your picture, the shapes under the water are not clear enough. Something is wrong with your graphics settings. I also have Nvidia card, maybe even a little bit worse than you have but in my game, these colors are more saturated and every shape under the water are very clear.
Message 4 of 8 (438 Views)

★★ Guide
@kreatora Well my settings are already at the highest possible.... Hence why I don't understand this.
Message 5 of 8 (432 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@JeanVW

I will show you how it is set up in my game
vertical synchronization V
uncompressed sims textures V
postprocessing effects V
laptop mode disabled
all the rest of the options have maximum settings
Message 6 of 8 (429 Views)

★★ Guide

Thank you for that. How is your Nvidia inspector set up, if at all? And do you have a picture for me in game (like print screen, not in game camera because my in game camera doesn't register the aliasing, weirdly enough).?

Message 7 of 8 (424 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@JeanVW

Ge Force Experience set it for me but vertical synchronization, sims texture, postprocessing effects I have set myself. And I play in Windowed mode for various reasons, so there is one difference here.
For now, I do not have such a picture. I'll do it in the evening when I open the game.

For pictures, I use a TAB method or my sim is doing it himself. I rarely use Print Screen.

Message 8 of 8 (415 Views)