Re: Sims 4 .ver save files missing

by MissMirriah

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 .ver save files missing

★ Novice

Hey, 

So I have no .ver files at all in my save folder. 

From what I understood Sims 4 auto saves should be listed as .ver files in the document/saves folder? 

I have none and can't restore a previous save because there are no back ups.

I've already accepted the loss of my file but I'm hoping someone can tell me what I need to fix in order to get auto save back. 

- thanks 

Message 1 of 6 (1,262 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Are you using save or save as ? If you use save as, they are not created.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,282 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Are you using save or save as ? If you use save as, they are not created.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,283 Views)

Champion (Retired)

They are not autosaves but backups of previous saves.

The Sims 4 do not have an autosave feature. But there are Mods for this that you can search for in Google. Notice EA does not support Mods so it is up to you to update Mods as the game is updated as Mods and CC frequently break when the game is updated.

Like @crinrict mentioned if you use Save As you will get no .ver files however you should be able to find the original save (unless you chose the same name) and load that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 6 (1,223 Views)

★ Novice
Ah okay I understand the difference now between the two ways to save the game, thanks.

I deleted the save I wanted. I assume there's no way to retrieve it without those previous versions. If there is I would be very grateful to know how.
Message 4 of 6 (1,208 Views)

Hero
Hi @MissMirriah

did you delete them from within the game or through the file system ? If you deleted through file system, they might still be in your trash. If you're deleted through game, they're gone and there's nothing you can do

I do believe backups are also deleted if you delete through the game. Always make your own backups by saving your files to a secure location.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (1,202 Views)

★ Novice
Ah yes, it was deleted through the game. Lesson learned however. Thanks again for the help. : )
Message 6 of 6 (1,197 Views)