Sims 4 using Korean keyboard

by bamani71

Original Post

Sims 4 using Korean keyboard

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

I hadn't played since September 2019 and have installed all updates and the most recent expansion backs.  All of the game menus are in English, but for some reason, any time I attempt to type (names, cheats,etc) it is detecting the Korean keyboard instead of the English keyboard.  This issue is unique to Sims 4 in that everything else still sees the English keyboard and handles the input fine. 

Message 1 of 4 (648 Views)

Re: Sims 4 using Korean keyboard

Hero
@bamani71 I assume you put english keyboard in your windows settings ?

Is this something that didn't happen before or did you als have this before you stopped playing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (606 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I have the same problem too now, but beacuse your comment was posted on 2020. Have you figured it out how to change it back?. 

Thank you

Message 3 of 4 (260 Views)

[ Edited ]

@el1nnn  What keyboard layout do you have in Windows?  Does it help to switch to Korean, if you're not already using it, and then back to English again?  Are you using any third-party software related to text (speech to type, third-party add-ons to built-in programs, whatever), and does it help to disable those?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (250 Views)