Re: Sims 4 uses wrong user file - can't access mods

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 4 uses wrong user file - can't access mods

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello!

My primary drive is full, so i decided to moce my Sims game to another drive which turned out to be a bad idea. My game works fine, but I can't access my mods and cc because the game uses the wrong user file (I think). How do I change it so it runs the right files? Also the files look different than they used to, but I think they should be fine?

Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 2 (686 Views)

Re: Sims 4 uses wrong user file - can't access mods

@oppriktig  The folder in your first screenshot holds the game's program files, not the user data, which is always in a separate folder.  While you can install the program files in almost any location, on any drive, the game will look for the user folder in Documents\Electronic Arts and, if doesn't find one, create a new one instead.

Normally, the simple solution is to redirect either the Sims 4 user folder or the entire Documents folder to your other drive.  However, the game is currently looking for the user folder in OneDrive, whcih complicates things a bit.  You have two options here.  The first is to leave the user folder where it is and not worry about it.  (Make backups of your saves just in case.)  The other is to disable OneDrive, at least for now, and see whether you can force the game to use the local (as in, on your hard drive) version of Documents, then go from there.  Let me know what you'd like to do.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (656 Views)