Sims 4 uses 0% GPU

by HetriiK

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 uses 0% GPU

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi my sims was working fine a few months ago and i've recently wanted to play again but it's really laggy even in the opening screen and menu. I think the problem is that the game doesn't use my graphics card. I have it set to use my dedicated gpu which is a GTX 750 TI OC 2GB.I also checked and it recognizes the GPU. I would appreaciate if someone could help me out. I've checked everywhere for a solution. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 12 (1,184 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 uses 0% GPU

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you patch your game and see if it gets any better ? You're like 2 versions behind

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 12 of 12 (1,444 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @HetriiK

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (1,154 Views)

★★ Novice
posted it
Message 3 of 12 (1,143 Views)

Hero

Which drive do you have the game installed on ? Space on your c drive is a bit tight.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (1,138 Views)

★★ Novice
I have it installed on D drive
Message 5 of 12 (1,133 Views)

Hero
Doc folder as well ? I would try free up some space on your c drive.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (1,118 Views)

★★ Novice
could the low space amount on my c drive affect the game ?
Message 7 of 12 (1,114 Views)

Hero
I'd say yes cause the system has no space for swap files.

Read some explanations here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Random-game-freeze-in-San-Myshuno/td-p/6957497/page/2

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (1,108 Views)

★★ Novice
I have freed up to around 20gb on my C drive but it doesn't seem to help.
Message 9 of 12 (1,102 Views)

Hero

Is the 0% GPU usage something you only see with the Sims ? Any cc/mods in your game ?

Can you post your config.log file ? You should be able to just attach it and if not, you can just c/p the content (use spoiler tags for it, please)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (1,095 Views)