Re: Sims 4 update deleted my save

by 172e3cda00349872

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 update deleted my save

★ Novice

I was just about to start playing Sims 4 again, but after Origin downloaded the last update, my saved game was gone.. I have spent probably 30 hours on that game, so I would really like to find a solution to this. 

I would really appreciate it if any of you could help!

Message 1 of 6 (4,746 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Pro

Your saves may not be gone. Search your computer for Sims 4. Click the Start button and Search for Sims 4. That should take you to where your Sims 4 folder is. This may show if you have more than one Sims 4 folder.

Do you have One Drive? If you do, you may need to check to see if the files went there. I've read many times where Sims 4 files go to OneDrive. Sims 4 and OneDrive don't play nice with eachother. If you want to turn it off see the link below.

Turn off or uninstall OneDrive
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Turn-off-or-uninstall-OneDrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb...

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (4,776 Views)

All Replies

Could you check if you have any files in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Saves?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 6 (4,731 Views)

★ Novice

No saves there, just a folder named Scratch or something.

Message 3 of 6 (4,714 Views)

★★ Pro

Your saves may not be gone. Search your computer for Sims 4. Click the Start button and Search for Sims 4. That should take you to where your Sims 4 folder is. This may show if you have more than one Sims 4 folder.

Do you have One Drive? If you do, you may need to check to see if the files went there. I've read many times where Sims 4 files go to OneDrive. Sims 4 and OneDrive don't play nice with eachother. If you want to turn it off see the link below.

Turn off or uninstall OneDrive
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Turn-off-or-uninstall-OneDrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb...

Message 4 of 6 (4,777 Views)

★★ Novice

This has been happening to me for years. I also recently had to purchase get to work FOR THE SECOND TIME after an update 3 years ago deleted it. Shortly after the update we were re-stationed to another military base and had our things in storage for 3 years. Got back recently, logged into the sims, it was gone. I called customer service and chatted through the messenger. They all assured me (19 calls in total of four days) that after restarting my computer I should be fine as they had seen and fixed the problem. Then all of a sudden "Your account has no record of ever having purchased this pack" my response was, ' Okay, to whom do I email this snapshot of ALL transaction Sims4 from my bank records'? Call disconnected, I have learned in the last 8 years, to expect nothing less and certainly nothing more from them.

I have been able to locate my characters after the deletion but all their skill and their homes are permanently gone. Im looking forward to someone else Coming up with a game that doesn't constantly mess up and STEAL your packs from you to make you purchase them again OR/AND to make you spend more time on the game itself. Well ORIGIN, delete something,I wont buy it again. And I will recommend others don't as well.

Its going on NINE YEARS ORIGIN, FIX YOUR GAME AND THE UNTRAINED LAZY PEOPLE YOU HAVE EMPLOYED IN YOUR HELP CENTERS!

Message 5 of 6 (4,034 Views)

Community Manager
I'm locking this thread here as it's an old thread from 2017 that's been necro'd. Please feel free to open a new thread and add any information you feel is relevant including troubleshooting steps you've recently tried. Thanks.
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 6 (4,006 Views)