by Beccers7

Original Post

Sims 4 unplayable - keeps crashing

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Cottage Living, Discover University, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Fitness Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Paranormal Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to play longer than 30 minutes-an hour, or attempt to exit (either by "Save and Exit" or "Exit").
What happens when the bug occurs? My game, computer, and origin are all updated. The game is currently unplayable. Any time I play longer than 30 minutes to an hour, the game freezes. I can't exit, I can't get to my desktop/task manager, and I can't force quit the game. The only thing I can do is a forced shut down of my computer. I have the same problem when I try to manually exit the game as well; the game freezes and I have no other option but to force shut down my computer.
What do you expect to see? I would like to play my game without breaking my computer.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

No extra comment

Edit By Crinrict: Removed MSInfo. That contains too much personal info.

Message 1 of 5 (544 Views)

Re: Sims 4 unplayable - keeps crashing

Hero

Hi @Beccers7 

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (503 Views)

★★ Novice

Added both the DXiDiag and MSInfo files that the chat support also told me to submit. His only advice was to run it in Windowed mode. That works enough, but I would like a solution to the problem, instead of a bandaid. My computer screen is too small to play in windowed mode, and the cheat bar doesn't appear in windowed mode.

I also tried jumping into fullscreen long enough to enter 2 cheats; my computer froze when trying to get back to my desktop. I had been playing for 5 minutes.

Message 3 of 5 (427 Views)

Hero
@Beccers7 I removed the MS Info as that has too much personal info for a public forum.
Do you have the radeon software running while you play ? That seems to crash a lot for you so maybe reinstalling that could help.

Or try turning it off while you play. As I don't have a Radeon graphics card, I don't know what it is exactly but I don't think it's needed to play.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (419 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Beccers7 Your computer may be over heating. Have you checked the fans to see if they are running or running at speed?

Message 5 of 5 (383 Views)