Re: Sims 4 university sim won't go to class

by 7324561

Original Post

Sims 4 university sim won't go to class

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi. I've just started playing the Sims 4 Uni, and to say in frustrated is an understatement. My sim rarely ever gets the go to class early option pop up in the queue, and even when she does, and still doesn't go to class. My still will stand there for hours, even missing her class. She'll go to class an hour after it already ended and then it messes up her schedule. I've searched on the internet for fixes but I've found nothing. The game isn't fun anymore when I can't even go to class. Same thing with sports. Soccer is 6-9. She doesn't go till 10 and gets back to her dorm at 1 am. This is so ridiculous and I'm honestly so disappointed.  Uni has always been my favorite expansion pack since the Sims 2 but this is such a huge letdown and honestly I wan't my money back. Please please let me know if you know anything to fix this issue, thanks Standard smile

Message 1 of 9 (47,966 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@MaddyClas  To fix issues that are potential bugs, the best solution is to describe the issue clearly in a matching bug report, clicking Me Too on it, and answer the questions posed there.

There is a bug report for the Go To Class-issue, seems to be a lot of different problems with it though, reading the thread. If it matches your issue, please click Me Too, and describe what happens in your game in the thread.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-DU-Go-To-Class-early-missing-cancelling-gt-Sim-misses-cla...

For the soccer issue there is this one, for not being able to go to practice unless the sim is at home in their dorm:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Sim-doesn-t-go-to-soccer-esports-practice-unles...

When your sim doesn't go to soccer, are they at their dorm home, or on another lot?

EDIT: @MaddyClas  There is also this bug report:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Ingame-time-shifted/m-p/8455125#M111646

Message 2 of 9 (47,902 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I found when I reset my sim (shift+click on sim and press reset), the issue resolved 

Message 3 of 9 (40,422 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  • I hate Sims 4 uni..the sch is pain for the eyes..cannot keep track..and to walk to class like one hour plus with this bug annoying as xxxx
Message 4 of 9 (39,537 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was having the same issue. I would make my sim stand outside the school building an hour before her class started. She was just standing there doing absolutely nothing for hours. Every day every class she missed class. So finally I gave up thinking I'll just study a bunch and make sure her homework gets done and what not. So the next day around the time she was supposed to go to class instead of waiting at the door of the building I had her doing mindless tasks like cleaning. Boom her go to class queue popped up and she went to class. So of course I had to test this. I made sure the next few class times that she was doing other mindless things and every time she went to class no problem. Either waiting by the door causes a big in the game or my sim is just really defiant... I'm not sure lol. Try this method and let me know if it works for you.

Message 5 of 9 (38,095 Views)

★★★ Novice

@MaddyClas I had the same problem but I managed to fix it. During class when my sim wouldn't go in the building despite clicking the 'Go To Class' button. I Shift-clicked my sim and chose 'edit in CAS'. I came straight back out and my sim was automatically in class. at the end of the class my sim wouldn't come out so I did it again and I haven't had the problem since, my sim automatically went to their next class without any problems.
Message 6 of 9 (33,872 Views)

★★ Novice

Awesome- thanks! That worked for me too!

Message 7 of 9 (30,710 Views)

★ Novice

@MaddyClas I just had the same problem and so I turned to the internet and found you! All you have to do is save and go to manage worlds then pop back in and click the "Go to Class" button. I hope the glitch fixes for you, good luck.

Message 8 of 9 (22,224 Views)

Community Manager

We'll close this out here as this bug was fixed with Patch 1.75.125.1030. If you're experiencing a similar bug after the patch, please pop open a new bug report thread after trying these troubleshooting steps. Thanks. 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 9 of 9 (22,163 Views)