Re: Sims 4 university not graduating

by Elephaantt

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

It's been several months and this bug has not been fixed ...

Message 31 of 47 (4,031 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

First post here... same issue as everyone else. I actually created both characters in my household, wife and husband. My wife character graduated first while the husband worked for the household. She graduated without a hitch.Then I sent him to college the opposite she went to, Briteshire. He completed his term, went to his graduation ceremony and after completing it; nothing happened.

Stuck just like everyone else and no fix in sight. What gives EA? 

Ok quick update; I just tried this and it worked for me and hopefully for most of you here.

After getting stuck like most of everyone I went to the computer and searched the potential careers his degree provided bonuses in. I noticed there was a message above them explaining you'd get a bonus yada yada. I selected one and it worked, I was promoted to a higher lvl right away and got a bonus.

After about 12 hours (sim hours) of further gameplay I got a notice that my degree was finished and would be found in my inventory and bam. 

My suggestion is to try going to the computer after getting stuck and see if you can select one of the potential careers your degree was in.

Good luck!

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 32 of 47 (3,919 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you! This worked!

Message 33 of 47 (3,849 Views)

★★★ Novice

I attended the graduation ceremony and my sim even came out and threw her hat after, but it still says the same class schedule with "this sim has graduated. No more terms to attend." And it isn't letting me enroll into any new classes. 

Message 34 of 47 (3,715 Views)

Hero
@rubynoel Were you promoted to move out of Uni yet ? How much time has passed since the ceremony ?

The process usually completes at 6 pm the day of the ceremony.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 47 (3,691 Views)

★★ Novice

this worked for me! thank you SOOOOOOO much!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 36 of 47 (3,401 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

It’s been nearly a year since the op posted this and I’m still having the same problem. My sim completed her credits but no end of term report card came up and there was no option to graduate. I’m stuck with “this sim has graduated, no more terms to attend.” I spent most of my time getting my sim to get through university with good grades only to have her not graduate and still be stuck at level one of the careers that are supposed to come with the degree. I need this to be fixed!  

Message 37 of 47 (2,859 Views)

★★ Novice

It’s December and my robot sim is stuck, not being able to reapply to uni.

Message 38 of 47 (2,778 Views)

★★★ Novice

Had this happen for the first time today. No message on the career that the degree will boost. I tried starting that career and it put me at level 1. Message under the career tab says "this sim has graduated. No degree in inventory.  Sim finished classes on Friday, Sim time. It is now Tuesday Sim time and nothing. I got a message about his grades but no graduation. Very frustrating.

Message 39 of 47 (2,756 Views)

★★★ Guide

Ugh... my sim is stuck on the last day of class like Groundhog Day.  She and her brother started classes the same day - he got the graduation notice and a date on the calendar. She did not. He went to graduation and completed the ceremony event (there was no option to invite others.. I thought there used to be?). I tried using her to click on the building to check in, or switch to cap and gown or attend... annnnd nothing. 

They went home where he promptly found employment and got a big bonus for joining a career related to his major. She... has her old class schedule stuck on the last day of classes showing she has completed all her homework, submitted her presentation and taken the final exam. She still goes to soccer games and cant get a job based on the degree she doesn't technically have yet.

Disappointed

Message 40 of 47 (2,733 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help