Re: Sims 4 university not graduating

by stephjovi740

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@spacykitten Has anyone found a solution? My sim got pregnant she found out a few hours after receiving the final grades. By the time she had to move out because the baby was due she still had no diploma. Meanwhile her sister finished and graduated and she lived with her parents had the baby while I wasn't playing her and is stuck

I can't find a solution there. If you refer to the cheat. I tried. It doesn't work for me. I got the mod I checked if it shows up on my mods it should work. But if I try equip trait... Nothing happens 

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 21 of 47 (4,902 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm still trying to figure this out. Best set up i've found so far is enrolling on a Tuesday so your term starts and ends on Wednesday (this will be your graduation day) When i first played I tried 3 credits stretched over 4 terms but no graduation notice would pop up. I finally got a graduation notice when i did the recommended 4 credits in 3 terms. After completing all 12 credits on Tuesday around 6pm I would get a report card, and instead of the box asking if i wanted to continue it would say I graduated. There is a notification that says your graduation will be the next day and to check your calendar for the time. (for me if there is a holiday on grad day I just erase it and fill it in later to not interfere with the graduation) I try to get to the campus several hours early, near the time of graduation a notification pops up and asks if you want to participate. My sim goes to the building closest to the commons room (Brite) swishes into a cap and gown, then I click on the stadium an option comes up that's says something like Attend Graduation. You go in for a bit, come out and then a group of graduates forms together and throws their caps. Afterwards I believe you get another notification that tells you that you graduated where you receive a picture and diploma in your inventory, the careers you earned should be available under their specific name not field, like private attorney will be available as private attorney and not under the law career. I have only played with a single sim attending university. A glitch (or my computer being mean to me) I have encountered is my sim taking too long to change into his cap and gown and miss the graduation, another where he would not enter the stadium and then miss the graduation again. The most frustrating was not getting the graduation notification at all but that hasn't happened to me since i started attending the full term, 4 credits 3 terms. 

Message 22 of 47 (4,809 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi. So I used post #14 in the thread that crin linked (I tried to get the direct link but I'm having some trouble with that for some reason). I added that mod and did the University.Graduate and it worked for me. After I got a little notification that graduation would be tomorrow I saved the game and removed the mod. I started the game again and the next sim day graduation happened. Although I didn't send him to the ceremony, he did get his degree and he had all the benefits when job searching.

Hopefully, that helps.

Message 23 of 47 (4,793 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's so depressing. I tried that like 50 times. No chance. Now her husband moved in with her and it's the same thing. I tried it with him, also no result. And I checked I have the mod successfully installed it shows up. I don't get what I'm doing wrong 😭

Message 24 of 47 (4,776 Views)

★★★ Novice

Did you check to be sure script mods are enabled?

If you haven't already, go into your Sims game:
Options > Game Options > Other, and check both the "Enable Mods" and " Enable Script Mods" options, then restart your game.

Message 25 of 47 (4,769 Views)

★★ Novice

So there’s still no fix to this? How ridiculous. The game has been available since November and the main point of the expansion doesn’t work... how are they still selling it. I haven’t had a single sim be given an option to graduate, nothing I do changes that and I shouldn’t have to use random mods to fix it.

My problem is I can’t even start a new degree while the last one is stuck without graduation. It says:

your sim can’t enroll for more courses at this time

Has anybody figured out how to fix that to try again for the same sim? 

Message 26 of 47 (4,738 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes they are on. The mod shows up in the list but it still doesn't work 😨

Message 27 of 47 (4,713 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

"My sim goes to the building closest to the commons room (Brite) swishes into a cap and gown, then I click on the stadium an option comes up that's says something like Attend Graduation"

This is where I break down.  Everything is the same as post #23 above but when I click on the stadium there is no "Attend Graduation".  Everyone is there in caps and gowns, then they all disappear and I *HEAR* the graduation happening, but I can't get in.  Then everyone comes out, throws caps, all excited, and I'm standing there like an idiot.

I read in another thread deleting the "commons" building fixes it, but I went to Brite Frown

Additional Info:

Married couple, both started school at the same time, same school, both finished same day, both attended from home

Not a holiday, not a weekend

No mods

Message 28 of 47 (4,697 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Ok my sim was about to travel when the graduation message popped up..I cancelled travelling and the graduation message disappeared...it's now 3 days later and no graduation ceremony.Homework says my sim has graduated though..This is ridiculous....going to have to play an old save and redo a whole term as it's 5 days later and still no graduation ceremony.Nothing on the calendar or anything....this needs sorting as I am about to lose nearly 4 hours game play....

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 29 of 47 (4,520 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had no notification to graduate. Nothing. Now I'm stuck.

Message 30 of 47 (4,288 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help