Re: Sims 4 unable to save game because of “game loading is in progress”

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 4 unable to save game because of “game loading is in progress”

★★★★★ Novice

So basically I was playing with this save file for about a month or 2 with no problems what’s so ever up in till recently when I was playing with the family and my sims brother came home from school but I needed to edit the sim really quick in CAS so I went through Mc Command Center And clicked “modify household in create a sim” I did what I needed to do and went back into the game but then when I tried to save the game it said “Game loading is in progress” so I couldn’t save or anything so I  ended up creating a new save file with the same family so I wouldn’t have to necessarily start over but then it happened again and currently I’m unable to save the game. And yes I do play with custom content and mods but everything is updated and I did everything such as cleaning the sims 4 folder and repairing my game 

Message 1 of 7 (15,171 Views)

@Taryn123456  Please move your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and let the game create a clean one, which it will do the next time you launch.  Then copy your affected save from the old Sims 4 folder to the new one; saves are in the saves folder, unsurprisingly.  Don't add anything else to the new folder yet, not even MCCC.  Just see whether you can play normally for a bit.  Since you're copying and pasting rather than dragging and dropping your save, you can experiment on the new copy while still preserving the original one.

If you still can't save properly, try recovering a backup save, either from the original affected save or from the new one you made.  It's best to use the manual method, then copy the save into the new folder.

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (15,107 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks Standard smile , but I ended up finding the problem it was an old mod that was sitting in my mods folder.

Message 3 of 7 (15,078 Views)

★★ Novice

I know I’m BEYOND late, but I need help. I have the same problem and have tried everything. I know it is an old mod causing the problem I don’t know which one. Do you remember what the mod was causing your issue? 

Message 4 of 7 (13,207 Views)

@queen4186  The mods that don't work right now are not necessarily the same mods that could have caused the original poster's problem.  So you'll need to test yours on your own.  The 50/50 method will make the process more efficient:

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method

Message 5 of 7 (13,182 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict This just happened to me but I have zero mods on my game. I've only ever downloaded the DLC straight from the Sims (like expansions and packs).

I can't save, I can't save as, I can't enter build mode, and I can't even enter create a sim by clicking on the mirror to "plan outfit". Although, my hunch for what triggered this is either me planning an outfit for a child Sim or using the photography studio.

My issue is not mod-related, this is a straight glitch in the game.

I have no idea how much I've done since it randomly decided to "load" whatever it's trying to load.. does anyone know how to fix this WITHOUT losing all the progress?
Message 6 of 7 (11,896 Views)

@QueenKota02  Try loading a backup save:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/recover-backup-save-game/

Message 7 of 7 (11,888 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help