Re: Sims 4 unable to go online

by anemarifiser

Original Post

Sims 4 unable to go online

★ Novice

Hi everyone,

After the last origin update my Sims 4 game became really crippled and can no longer go online to use the gallery or even check the game packs I was interested in purchasing.

I have mods but my game settings are completely deactivated for mods. I have also put some save files on my computer to at least be able to play without the internet and those save files don’t even show up in game.

I have purchased hundreds of euros worth of content and we don’t even get a stable platform to play what we purchase.

Repairing the game in Origin makes absolutely no difference whatsoever. Can anyone help me?

Message 1 of 3 (305 Views)

@KhaliyahYT  It sounds like the game may be using a different folder than the one you expect.  That's the most common cause of saves not loading.  Please find the file path of the saves you've added, and list it here.  You can write [username] instead of your actual username, but leave the rest of the file path intact.

Please also create a new save in-game, just to create the file itself.  Go back to the Main Menu, where you can choose to load a save or start a new one.  Click Load Game, hover over the folder icon below the other save info, and you'll see the file path to the save.  Please post that here too.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (279 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Hi,

I started having the same problem yesterday (not being able to connect to the gallery).

I solved it by Sign Out of Origin and Sign In again while running Origin as Administrator. 

Hope it helps. 

PS: I talked to customer support also through chat. They sent me this long list of things to try to fix the issue so (worst case scenario) you can try that to. 

Message 3 of 3 (194 Views)