Re: Sims 4 thinks it's playing when it's not

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Sims 4 thinks it's playing when it's not

★★★ Newbie

So when I click play in Origin, Sims 4 doesn't open but the play button remains greyed out. When I click on Sims 4 directly from my taskbar instead of doing it via Origin, I get a popup saying it can't open because I'm already in-game, even though I'm not. My status even says that I'm in-game. Is there a way to fix this? Is there a mod/piece of custom content that breaks the game like this? I already tried repairing my game, which didn't end up working. It would verify the game files and then move on to my packs but sometimes it would just restart and start verifying the game files again. Also, I'm getting notifications about files downloading automatically for TS4 which say that TS4 is downloading from OneDrive. I'm planning on looking through my mods and CC to see if any of it is causing problems. Is anyone else having this issue?

Message 1 of 2 (282 Views)

Re: Sims 4 thinks it's playing when it's not

Champion (Retired)

@kitteyrenlover 

Do you have the Sims icon in the taskbar? If so click it. Otherwise restart your PC and it will no longer be running.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 2 (273 Views)