Sims 4 suddenly wont load when mods are involved

by ceece1061

Original Post

Sims 4 suddenly wont load when mods are involved

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi, so I have been playing sims for a long time now, I have a bunch of packs and content, I have always had a lot of mods and what not. Suddenly, the other day my game would just get frozen on the Sims 4 start up screen, and wouldnt load past that. I took all of my content, tray items, and saves out, deleted it, and redownloaded it. when i did that it worked fine, and when i put tray items and saves back in, it works, but when i put my mods back in it once again will not load past the sims 4 start-up page. i took out recently added mods as well and tried to see if any of those were causing the issues but it just isnt working no matter what. i even used the "repair" option in the settings on origin, and looked to see if there are any updates. does anyone have any idea what is going on with my game? going through withdrawal! haha

**also, seasons and get famous are installed and when i go to the settings on sims 4 the options for changing seasons and get famous settings are grey and unclickable.

Message 1 of 6 (475 Views)

Re: Sims 4 suddenly wont load when mods are involved

Sounds like some mods/CC is outdated/broken.
You can find a full list of broken/incompatible CC and mods since game updated on November 13th over here:
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950909/broken-updated-mods-python-terrain-update-get-fam...

If it still doesn't work I suggest taking out half of your mods and CC and testing the game. Then keep splitting until you find all that is broken.
Either update or remove the broken CC/mods. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 6 (453 Views)

★★★ Novice
hi, unfortunately it seems like its just mods in general thats causing the issue. i went through and removed, updated and tried some at a time, and each time it just gets stuck on the sims 4 logo. its weird because when ive had broken mods before, it would just crash completely instead of opening so this seems different.
Message 3 of 6 (444 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi, have you tried clearing your cache with your mods still in?

here how to do it.

Go to C:\Users\Your username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4  clear out the folders with cache in the name, and delete the localthumbcache.package   load up the game and see if that works. If not try again. If it still doesn't work, I'm not sure what to suggest, other than what you've already tried

Message 4 of 6 (411 Views)

You can do what is mentioned above my message here. Or rename your current The Sims 4 (to The Sims 4 old or whatever you like) folder and start the game so it creates a new, fresh folder. 
Then move all the files you like to have over, live your saves and mods. 

Over here you can read all about what the files are in your old folder:
https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/user-files-explained/

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 5 of 6 (406 Views)

★★★ Novice
thanks!
Message 6 of 6 (396 Views)