Sims 4 stutters for a few seconds about every 1-2 seconds ONLY in offline mode.

by bleakheart26

Original Post

Highlighted

Sims 4 stutters for a few seconds about every 1-2 seconds ONLY in offline mode.

★★ Novice

Sims 4 stutters for a few seconds about every 1-2 seconds ONLY in offline mode. The game runs perfectly no twitching or anything with max graphics but when the computer is disconnected from the net and origin is in offline mode. The game seems to have about 2-3 seconds of a frozen screen come back for maybe 1 second before doing it again. I've tried reinstalling full game, reinstall origin, repair with origin, disable origin in the pop up box for sims 4 deluxe, disable all online features, tried to toggle the v-sink others mentioned, run origin and sims 4 as admin, tried to drop graphics to med. Absolutely NOTHING fixed the stutter issue except for logging online with origin. Please help this is absolutely /tableflip irritating. Even EA help either dropped the call or hung up and nothing helped. I seriously have no idea what to do. WIN 10 N-vidia all is updated no issues with any other game on or offline steam or origin except with Sim 4 in offline. Suggestions or help?

Message 1 of 10 (2,533 Views)

Re: Sims 4 stutters for a few seconds about every 1-2 seconds ONLY in offline mo

@bleakheart26  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

And just to clarify, do you play Sims 4 with Steam, or only through Origin?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 10 (2,523 Views)

Re: Sims 4 stutters for a few seconds about every 1-2 seconds ONLY in offline mo

★★ Novice

Only with origin launch app. 

I have tried and tested this fact a number of times. Run game in online, then offline mode. For all (ALL) tests when the computer goes into offline (both computer & app) then upon launch the skipping is visible and continues into menus and actual game play with the sims. Current sim count I think is 10 on the whole of the map. But on returning to online mode ALL skipping stops. Like it was bugged to do that only in offline mode. Graphics were at maximum when online, and no skipping at all. 

Message 3 of 10 (2,489 Views)

@bleakheart26  Your dxdiag lists a handful of Origin errors, so please do a clean uninstall and reinstall of Origin.  This is more thorough than a regular uninstall.

• Quit Origin, then right-click on the Task Bar and open the Task Manager.  Scroll through looking for Origin entries.  If you find any, click on them and End Task.
  • Clear Origin's cache.
  • Download Revo Uninstaller (the free version is fine) from here.
  • Launch Revo, select Origin from the list, and click Uninstall.
  • When it finishes uninstalling, select "Moderate" under "scanning modes," and click Scan.
  • If Revo finds any remaining registry entries, select all, delete, and click Next.
  • Revo will display "Remaining Data and Folders."  Select all of them except for the "Origin Games" folder, if it appears.  (This is where Sims 4 and other Origin games are installed by default.)  Delete the rest.
  • Close Revo, and restart your computer.

Next, download the full Origin installer and run it.  Here's the direct download link:

http://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Be sure to run both the installer and Origin itself as an admin.

Please also let me know whether you see the same problem while Origin is offline but your computer still has an internet connection.  The game ran as normal for me when I last tried this, about a month ago, although of course both Sims 4 and Origin have updated since then.

Message 4 of 10 (2,469 Views)

★★ Novice

went through  all the effort of doing as instructed, 

Tested online and it ran perfectly, 

Tapped offline for origin while keeping the computer connected and then clicked to run sims 4,  

Result =   Same lag issue and skipping. Sound continued to play while screen did the same as before where it froze then jumped forward. 

Groan.     Thanks for the help. But that didn't do the trick. 

Message 5 of 10 (2,449 Views)

★★ Novice

new update: 

I had tried to use the gear > game properties  [ ] and deselect  the

-------   Enable origin in game for the sims 4 digital deluxe

Before all this I tried to do that repeatedly because it was mentioned on another forum.  However the game kept spitting back and error of I didn't have the right version for it. And I was unable to deselect this box. 

NOW  it worked, I was finally able to toggle it off. Tested the game and it ran just as smooth as being offline.  I THINK so far this was the problem. However before going through what you had instructed above I kept getting an incorrect version type of error. This time it worked. And hot dog I think that did it. So THANK YOU VERY MUCH   !!!!!

Message 6 of 10 (2,446 Views)

@bleakheart26  That's great to hear, and yeah, it's possible that you needed to clean uninstall and reinstall Origin for it to allow you to disable the in-game overlay.  And while the overlay should either work fine offline or disable itself when it doesn't have an internet connection, that would be logical, and this is Origin.

Anyway, glad it's fixed now.

Message 7 of 10 (2,444 Views)

★★ Novice

Correction,  it is still skipping, I just went back offline with origin again and it is doing it again. But I think the time is shorter between skips. But it still has some issue here.  This is beyond aggravating. I got really excited for a bit.... but now bugged again. 

Message 8 of 10 (2,436 Views)

@bleakheart26  Did you restart your computer in between, or do anything else?  Have you tried disabling the Origin Client and Web Helper Services?  You can kill them in the Task Manager, but they'll come back sooner or later; the more permanent intervention is to disable them using msconfig.  And of course to check the TM again afterwards.

Message 9 of 10 (2,429 Views)

★★ Novice

Will give it a shot, but i've got to get going, and I'll be out of town for a time..  Thanks again for more to try.

Message 10 of 10 (2,418 Views)