Sims 4 stuck on loading screen

by Brick277

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 stuck on loading screen

★ Novice

Hi everyone

I know this has been mentioned before, but those threads are mostly from a few years ago, I am having an issue where when I try to load a household from the world view, it just stays

on the loading screen constantly, and never actually loads, it is only trying to load that one household that causes problems, the save loads fine, and my other save file, the household loads properly as it should with no issues. I have already tried removing all my mods and loading the household, but it still gets stuck on the loading screen infinitely.

Any help is appreciated 

Message 1 of 3 (568 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 stuck on loading screen

@Brick277  Try playing a different household within the same save for a few sim-hours, then switching back to the one that hasn't been working.  Be sure to save, quit, and reload immediately before switching back to the original household.  You can use "save as" to rename the save if you want, so your currrent save remains intact while you experiment on a new copy.

If that doesn't help, you can try loading a backup version of the save:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (544 Views)

All Replies

@Brick277  Try playing a different household within the same save for a few sim-hours, then switching back to the one that hasn't been working.  Be sure to save, quit, and reload immediately before switching back to the original household.  You can use "save as" to rename the save if you want, so your currrent save remains intact while you experiment on a new copy.

If that doesn't help, you can try loading a backup version of the save:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (545 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks, the solution of switching to another household for a few hours worked, thanks very much, it loaded perfectly fine after that. 

Message 3 of 3 (526 Views)