Re: Sims 4 stuck on household loading screen

by Onyxxwolf

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 stuck on household loading screen

★★★ Novice
I'm having a problem. My Sims 4 (downloaded via origin) game is not working. I can press "play game" on origin and it loads up until the world map, but when I want to play a specific household it stays on the  loading screen. I have tried restarting my computer, logging in and out of origin, right-clicking The Sims 4 and fixing it,  trying to pick a different household than the one I want to play, and even a clean boot for windows 8!!
I don't know what to do at this point or where to find the help. My game isn't having any crashes or screen blackouts, I just can't get past the loading screen when I try to play a certain family.
I really don't know if it is just a problem with my computer, the update or company.
**Side note: I really DO NOT want to uninstall the game, in fear that I'll lose my progress on the challenge that I currently am in. Unless there is a way to resart the game w/out losing progress, I'm all ears!**
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Jodie
Message 1 of 21 (87,011 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

At the moment you don't know if the game itself or the user data is causing the problem. If you follow this link reset TS4 game this can tell you if the game is corrupt or if the user data is causing the problem. How much free space is on your system drive? Insufficient free space can cause a problem if the game is trying to write temp files. If you back up your user data you can copy the data back but if that is what is causing the problem and you don't want to loose the data you'll have to figure out the specific item and correct that.

View in thread

Message 2 of 21 (114,946 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

At the moment you don't know if the game itself or the user data is causing the problem. If you follow this link reset TS4 game this can tell you if the game is corrupt or if the user data is causing the problem. How much free space is on your system drive? Insufficient free space can cause a problem if the game is trying to write temp files. If you back up your user data you can copy the data back but if that is what is causing the problem and you don't want to loose the data you'll have to figure out the specific item and correct that.

Message 2 of 21 (114,947 Views)

★★★ Novice

I used the link and followed the instructions to reset the game and it worked! It turns out the problem was my user data because when I opened up the new game without saves it was working perfectly.

**BUT--- when I was trying to replace it with old saves it stopped working. I think the problem is just my saves because my old house and sims showed up when I replaced the file 'tray'. 

I'm not sure how I should do this.. remove the saves one by one and see if it works or should I start from the bottom and work my way up? 

Thank you! The first part was a huge help!

Jodie

Message 3 of 21 (86,886 Views)

★★★ Novice
After i messed with the saves and tray files for a little bit, and when I moved my main family to a different household it started working!!! Thanks!!!

I'll be happily Simming!
Jodie ;D
Message 4 of 21 (86,861 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am having the same problem. How did you find which save was s causing the problem ? I really don’t want to lose all of my data.
Message 5 of 21 (71,275 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I am having the same issue, but I found that when I turn my script mode off it works. Is there any way I can play with my scripts on?

Message 6 of 21 (69,290 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@SoJimoon

You need to update your mods. Search for them and see if there is a new version online, remove them old one and put the new mod in. MAny mods need to be updated after a patch especially a bigger one like the november patch Standard smile 

Hope you get your game to work! 

Message 7 of 21 (69,237 Views)

★ Novice
Hi, thanks! I found out that it was because one of my script file was outdated, so that's why it couldn't open. Thank you!
Message 8 of 21 (69,073 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do you update mods? I have like 200 and I'm sooo confused. 

Message 9 of 21 (68,362 Views)

Hero

Hi @Onyxxwolf

depends if they are actual mods or just custom content like hair, objects and clothing.

If they are code altering mods (such as master command center, extra traits, UI Mods and the likes), you'll need to go the sites you have first downloaded the mods and get the newest version. If the mods are not updated, read the descriptions if they still work. If not, please remove them from your game.

For custom content, you can use sims4studio to batch fix most. You can find that by googling.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 21 (68,360 Views)