Re: Sims 4 stuck on Verifying Game Files

by kidhedera

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 stuck on Verifying Game Files

★★★★★ Novice

The Sims 4 won't launch without attempting to verify game files, but its currently been verifying them for 6 hours and estimates another 1 hour 30 minutes or so to verify just the base game. Origin is running at 98% CPU utilisation, and every now and then it throws up a dialogue box saying the download has failed or that Origin needs permission to download the files and to click ok when prompted.

Its driving me crazy. I own all the DLC, and all I want to do is play the game.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 20 (11,220 Views)

Accepted Solution

@kidhedera  Please quit Origin, clear its cache, and restart your computer.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Then try to repair again, with nothing else running in the background.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 20 (11,186 Views)

All Replies

@kidhedera  Please quit Origin, clear its cache, and restart your computer.

Then try to repair again, with nothing else running in the background.

Message 2 of 20 (11,187 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Last night I did that, and it repaired the game. Over all yesterday I spent about 10 hours repairing the game. Now its back up and running.
Message 3 of 20 (11,164 Views)

origin stuck trying to verify sims 4

★★ Apprentice

Windows 10

Open Origin

It says 'update available' for The Sims 4 then starts to verify the game files. except it doesn't do that at all, it just sits there at 0%.
I have tried deleting cache, removing mod folder, checked my LAN settings, turned off firewall and nothing is changed.

halp

Message 4 of 20 (11,170 Views)

Re: origin stuck trying to verify sims 4

@merrymegeden  Please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  Clear Origin's cache again:

restart your computer, and repair the game: open your Origin library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  Then see whether you can update, or whether there's still an update listed at all.

Message 5 of 20 (11,138 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I just tried this and no luck i'm afraid. Since I did a fresh install of origin the other day all I have are grey boxes when my games should be in my game library so I don't even have the option to update or repair available anymore.
Message 6 of 20 (11,112 Views)

@merrymegeden  Do you use a VPN?  Origin often doesn't load properly when you have one, although even the same VPN can work some of the time and not otherwise.

You can also try powercycling your router, or if your computer has wifi, using your phone as a mobile hotspot.  (Make sure it's using data, not your home network.)  If the phone connection works, the issue is likely your router or your ISP; if it doesn't work, you can try the other steps listed here, at least the ones you haven't done already:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-pc/

Message 7 of 20 (11,094 Views)

★★★ Novice

Uninstall Origin only but do not unistall Sims games and reinstall it that should fix the problem it work for me

Message 8 of 20 (10,415 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict I did all of that and nothing happened. It still says "verifying game files" 0hours 0minutes 0seconds remaining. I've cleared the cache, reset my computer and quit origin countless amounts of times.
Message 9 of 20 (7,093 Views)

@potspag  Do you use a third-party antivirus, and if so, does it help to disable it?  As long as you don't do anything other than open Origin and (hopefully) Sims 4, your computer should be safe.  It's still a good idea to clear Origin's cache after disabling the antivirus, then repair the game.

If that doesn't help, disable automatic game updates in Origin; the setting is under Application Settings > Application > Client Update.  Then restart your computer and see whether it makes a difference.

Message 10 of 20 (7,074 Views)