Sims 4 stuck in create a sim , infinite loading screen.

by ShacoTopMain

Original Post

Sims 4 stuck in create a sim , infinite loading screen.

★★ Novice

I played Sims 4 for the last time 1 year ago , so i started to download it again today! :D

Unfortanely i made a whole family including a dog , but when i tried to save the household and play the game, i got a infinite loading screen

Things i tried:

-Unistall/reinstall origins

-repaired sims 4

-turn off in-game origins

-unistall/reinstall sims 4

-delete all folders then place them back

-windows update are up-to-date

-drivers are up-to-date

i got a gtx 1070 Ti and a I5 so things should run smoothly!!

Message 1 of 7 (1,657 Views)

Re: Sims 4 stuck in create a sim , infinite loading screen.

@ShacoTopMain  Do you have OneDrive enabled and set to automatically sync the contents of Documents with cloud storage?  If so, that could cause problems when the game tries to write to the Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts.  You can disable auto syncing for Documents easily enough though:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/choose-which-onedrive-folders-to-sync-to-your-computer-98...

It's a good idea to back up the contents of Documents before you do this, in case your options are set to remove the local copy and only keep the files in OneDrive.  Of course you can just open OneDrive and manually copy the files back, but some people worry when their files are removed from their local Documents folder.

If that doesn't help, please remove the entire Sims 4 folder from Documents\Electronic Arts and let the game create a new one the next time it launches.  Don't add anything to this folder; just see what happens if you create a new sim and try to save.  Since this is just a test, there's no need to spend much time on the sim, so no loss if it doesn't work.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (1,598 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict so i deleted the said folder, now i get the pop-up saying the game is already running (while it isnt obviously) i already deleted the game and installed it again but still same pop-up
Message 3 of 7 (1,503 Views)

★★ Novice
Message 4 of 7 (1,492 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ShacoTopMain  Try this:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2015/08/game-already-running/

The missing permissions could also account for the previous issue you saw.

Message 5 of 7 (1,438 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict unfortanely i now have the problem of the game running ,but then crashing LMFAO
Message 6 of 7 (1,405 Views)

@ShacoTopMain  Fun times.  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post, so I can take a look at the errors and anything else that might be interfering.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

And if you've noticed any pattern to the crashes—anything from what you're doing in-game to how long you can play—please let me know.

Message 7 of 7 (1,386 Views)