Re: Sims 4 stuck after clicking the first option

by Jazzy92211

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 stuck after clicking the first option

★★★★★ Novice

So I just updated my sims to version 1.59.73.1020 and I realized that it’s always stuck when I click the first option to a menu after this update. Idk how to properly rephrase this so any of you’d understand, hence I’ll attach a pic of how it happened. Hoping to hear from anyone soon! 

Message 1 of 3 (636 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Jazzy92211

If you have any mods move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. Delete also all folders with the word "cache" in the name.
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. Check if a game is working now properly
If it is fixed, copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is working properly. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)

Edited:

By the way - the current version of the game is 1.60.54.1020, Do you have Legacy Edition?

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (629 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Jazzy92211

If you have any mods move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. Delete also all folders with the word "cache" in the name.
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. Check if a game is working now properly
If it is fixed, copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is working properly. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)

Edited:

By the way - the current version of the game is 1.60.54.1020, Do you have Legacy Edition?

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 3 (630 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@kreatoravimes your suggestion of deleting mods and cache folder really helped! thank you sm.
Message 3 of 3 (584 Views)