Re: Sims 4 strays are only purebreeds

by WarriorWhimsy

Original Post

Sims 4 strays are only purebreeds

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time, even after I restart the game. 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Vampires, Parenthood
How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at strays (some are obivous IE Saint Bernards & Golden Retrievers)/open a few up in CAS & check out the 'breed' tab. 
What happens when the bug occurs? All strays are purebreed dogs (they have breed names eg. Golden Retriever in CAS) when this wasn't the case before as I saw in many YouTube 'Let's Plays' (I only recently bought the game). Originally most if not all strays were mixed breeds, which added an element of realism (well, as realistic as Sims can get) & I'm disappointed this has changed. 
What do you expect to see? At least most of the strays to be mixed breeds, since it also gives them far more character than simply the copy-paste versions of default dog breeds.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I removed my CC to test if that was the problem, but this wasn't the case. 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I'm fairly sure this started after the most recent update, which is more-or-less when I bought Cats & Dogs. 

Was it always meant to be like this, or is it possibly some sort of bug?

I have a few other problems with strays, though they've all already been made into posts which I've added onto.

Message 1 of 2 (401 Views)

Re: Sims 4 strays are only purebreeds

★★ Apprentice

Another frustrating part about this is that since the dogs are all copy-paste versions of their breeds, there're no unique dogs. A dog my Sim adopted about 4 Sim-weeks ago has about three doppelgangers now! It's frustrating, since it 1) makes my Animal-Shelter theme boring and 2) it gets confusing when I don't even know which one's my dog at a glance! 

Message 2 of 2 (347 Views)