Sims 4 story mode and regular mode overlap?

by BelleAndBeast10

Original Post

Sims 4 story mode and regular mode overlap?

★ Novice

Sooo...i just updated my game and now have story mode. But after i saved the game, my other save files werent there in the world. I went back to the main menu, clicked my previous save, which was a pre-story mode/regular mode lot save, and the other lots/saves were there, but the new story mode lot/save was not. Do the two modes not overlap to show in the same world/sim universe? 

Please help, thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (449 Views)

Re: Sims 4 story mode and regular mode overlap?

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@BelleAndBeast10

Sim creation mode in CAS - is it normal or story mode has nothing to do with your saves, so could you describe exactly what happened to your game after the patch?
Is the game not saving?

I think you started a completely new game and that's why your old households are not there.

But if the game is not saving I would suspect that more likely some outdated mod or CC caused it. Do you use mods or CC?
If yes:
Move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder, also delete all folders with the word "cache" in the name. The game will recreate it but without saved errors.
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if a game is working now without mods and CC.
Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)

If you don't have CC or mods delete this file and folders and fix the game also.
If it will not work - -some files in the game folder can be damaged- then try doing a factory reset as described in this post:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 4 (434 Views)

★ Novice
  • The game saves just fine and i dont use mods. But whenever i hit play, vs load game, i see 90% of my saved lots, but i wont see the new lot i created using story mode. The other 90%, made in classic CAS fashion are visible and playable. If i instead select load game, i see all my saves, including the new story mode lot. If i select that family though, the other lots ive also created are not visible. Its like i never created them or their homes! Ive tried repairing the game but that didnt work. Not sure how to fix this bug
Message 3 of 4 (404 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@BelleAndBeast10

You must build this house and settle a new family in this previous safe. If you open this save where you have visible families, click on an empty plot or empty house and select "enter family here". Then CAS will open for you, you will create a family in it, no matter what mode, and if you approve, this family will move into your previous safe
Message 4 of 4 (399 Views)