Re: Sims 4 stops responding at loading screen

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims 4 stops responding at loading screen

★★★ Newbie

So I got the sims 4 when it was released, but I haven't played it in a few months. My first problem was that whenever I tried to open the game, it came up with an error message saying some files were missing, or something along those lines. I fixed it by going through my CC and Mods and finding the broken file, but now whenever I start the game it freezes at the loading screen, and it comes up with the message: Sims 4 is not responding. Can someone please help me? I have a sony VAIO laptop, and I'm not sure if the game is running on laptop mode, because I can't get far enough into the game to change it without it crashing.

Message 1 of 2 (1,948 Views)

Re: Sims 4 stops responding at loading screen

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.FRS

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (1,920 Views)