Sims 4 steam Deluxe Edition problem

by Sick991

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 steam Deluxe Edition problem

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello.My name is Patrik.

I bought the Sims 4 Deluxe Edition + cats & dogs bundle on steam. The problem is that after I install the game it doesn't start due to an Error message that the Deluxe edition is not installed. I tried everything possible, but so far nothing has led anywhere. I also tried Live Chat support, but they couldn't help either. I enclose a picture of the error and my conversation with Support. By the way, I already had the original Sims 4 and thanks to the Play Pro I have access to the bonus containers and if I download or start the original version the game works, but the Deluxe Edition items are not available there either.

Thanks in advance for the answer, I hope this problem can be solved somehow.

edited to remove personal details.  -puzzlezaddict

Message 1 of 7 (2,711 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 steam Deluxe Edition problem

★★ Novice

Alright i got the Solution. I try things randomly, dont know Which is make my game work.
Mainly i try to resolve Steam VAC authenticator error but somehow this help in sims 4 too, so the problem in the steam side.

-Turn off Steam Beta
-Close the steam and repair steam service: 

1. Exit Steam.
  2. Click Start > Run (Windows Key + R).
  3. Type the following command:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\SteamService.exe" /repair
  4. Launch Steam and test the issue again.

Note: This command requires administrator privileges and may take a few minutes. If you have installed Steam to another path, please replace C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam with the correct path.

-Repair System files: 

There may be corrupt system files that are causing this issue. The following instructions will run a critical system file check on your Windows installation, replacing any missing or damaged files:

Note: If you are running Windows 8 you will need to press Windows Key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).

1. Exit Steam.
  2. Click the Start button, All Programs, and Accessories.
  3. Right-click on Command Prompt and click Run as administrator....
  4. In the command prompt, type the following command and press Enter:
    • sfc /scannow
  5. Once the operation has completed please restart your computer, then launch Steam and test the issue again.

-Set steam start on Administrator priviliges (i tried before but it didn't help. However, this may have been a key part of this)
- Restart you computer and after it work for me. 

Despite all this, thank you to everyone who tried to help Standard smile

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (2,653 Views)

All Replies

@Sick991  Did you install the game from Origin or from Steam?  It looks like you launched it from Origin; try launching it from Steam instead.

If that doesn't work, please uninstall the game and reinstall it from Steam, then try to launch it from Steam.  Clear Origin's cache before reinstalling Sims 4 as well:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

By the way, I removed the transcript from your post because it contained your full email address, and this is a public forum where you might not want that information posted.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (2,695 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict 
Yes, i install from steam and try launch it from steam. After it is not work i try everything, but if i try to start the steam version on origin(have a steam logo in origin app) my steam pop up for start download/start the game, and after download and start end every time with the same problem. Only working solution if i use the native origin version(what i get from EA Play Pro). I try to delete cache too, what i mention in the transcipt. So from anywhere i try to start not work. I tried to reinstall from both steam and origin, but the STEAM version doesn't work through either what i buy.

Message 3 of 7 (2,683 Views)

Hero
@Sick991 I wonder if there's an issue if you have the EA Play Pro version as well as steam.

Have you tried a game repair through steam ?

For me, when I tested steam, it always launched the version I had last installed both through steam and Origin. So if the game launches the EA Play Version through Origin, then the Steam version is somehow not correctly installed.

Where on your hard drive do you have Sims installed ? Do you have both a Sims in Origin_Games and Steam on your hard drive ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (2,669 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict EA is available through Play Pro Origin for me. I tried game file checking but all the files were successful. Steam and origin on the C: drive, I always install games on the D: drive as there is little space on the C: drive. I basically download the Steam version and want to launch it. I've tried to download both versions, but that hasn't led anywhere. Only the version downloaded and launched via Origin works, which also carries nicely with the Cats & Dogs add-on purchased on Steam, but the Deluxe content does not appear here either, and the steam does not detect (logically because why would you sense it) that it is a running game . So the main problem is that I can't access Deluxe content in any way, even though it's available on Steam and in vain I get it in principle with Play Pro on origin. I can't start the game at all on Steam. I hope you understand, not my strength is English.

Message 5 of 7 (2,663 Views)

★★ Novice

Alright i got the Solution. I try things randomly, dont know Which is make my game work.
Mainly i try to resolve Steam VAC authenticator error but somehow this help in sims 4 too, so the problem in the steam side.

-Turn off Steam Beta
-Close the steam and repair steam service: 

1. Exit Steam.
  2. Click Start > Run (Windows Key + R).
  3. Type the following command:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\SteamService.exe" /repair
  4. Launch Steam and test the issue again.

Note: This command requires administrator privileges and may take a few minutes. If you have installed Steam to another path, please replace C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam with the correct path.

-Repair System files: 

There may be corrupt system files that are causing this issue. The following instructions will run a critical system file check on your Windows installation, replacing any missing or damaged files:

Note: If you are running Windows 8 you will need to press Windows Key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).

1. Exit Steam.
  2. Click the Start button, All Programs, and Accessories.
  3. Right-click on Command Prompt and click Run as administrator....
  4. In the command prompt, type the following command and press Enter:
    • sfc /scannow
  5. Once the operation has completed please restart your computer, then launch Steam and test the issue again.

-Set steam start on Administrator priviliges (i tried before but it didn't help. However, this may have been a key part of this)
- Restart you computer and after it work for me. 

Despite all this, thank you to everyone who tried to help Standard smile

Message 6 of 7 (2,654 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi Patrik!

I ran into a similar problem, where Steam said the game was installed but Origin said it was not.

The problem was that one folder  in the pathway in which my steam games are saved had a letter which is not in the English alphabet. Steam accepts such letters, but origin does not which is a bit silly.

What worked for me was to change an ø to an o.

Message 7 of 7 (2,464 Views)