Sims 4 slow after November 2020 update

by MM4842

Original Post

Sims 4 slow after November 2020 update

★ Novice

Since the update from Nov 2020, the game both starts up and shuts down slowly. It took an hour to download the update, another ninety minutes for the game to load and the game is still trying to shut down (50 minutes and counting). The game itself is also really slow and glitchy. It froze twice today and needed to be restarted. It’s not enjoyable to play anymore.

Can someone help me to:

1) Get the game to run faster

2) Stop the annoying mandatory updates that make the game slower

3) Improve the game start up and shut down time.

4) Get the game to run without origin.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 16 (3,049 Views)

Re: Sims 4 slow after November 2020 update

@MM4842  4 isn't doable, sorry.  You could manage 2 if you constantly put Origin in offline mode after signing in, at least until you wanted an update so you could use a new pack or something.  When in offline mode, Origin should allow you to play without updating your game(s).

For the others, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 16 (3,027 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@MM4842 Dude same. They did an update to fix the glitches but it got SLOWERRR. The loading time to start a game takes way to long. I transferred all my mods to another folder to see what the issue is but it’s still loading too slow.
Message 3 of 16 (2,842 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m also having this issue. The lag is so painful! I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling everything (had to rein overnight bc the amount of packs I have 😭😭), I even moved the game files to a separate hard drive. All my gaming drivers are up to date.

there’s a slight relief when I have the graphics down reeeeeal low, but that just makes the game a bit naff :/ 

at first I thought it was bc I was at the household limit, but others are having the issue after the November patch, so I’m now assuming it’s not.

(I have also repaired the game and tried the deactivate in game origin to no luck)

Message 4 of 16 (2,831 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having this issue too but also not able to do any type of gardening since the patch when I do get on. it took me 2 hours the other day just to get in the game. And another one once I game up and closed it down.

Message 5 of 16 (2,818 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Gozza1991 I am also having this problem and EA support made it seem like it was because my computer is not meeting the minimum requirements. I bought the laptop a few weeks ago and it was working fine until the last two updates. Please help!!!!
Message 6 of 16 (2,795 Views)

@assirontip @tevvintersoldier and @Gozza1991  It sounds like you might have this issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-Freeze-Extended-Loading-Times-Save-Game/td-...

If so, please use that that thread, and you can keep an eye on it for updates.  There's also a mod-related workaround on page one.

Message 7 of 16 (2,793 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Fantastic! Thank you!
Message 8 of 16 (2,788 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

No laptop has become very sluggish, I'm thinking on uninstalling sims4 and origin, to see if laptop works faster.  I have noticed my old laptop has more specs and could run it but is it possible to install origin  in another part of the hard drive as I don't want to corrupt my sims3.  

Message 9 of 16 (1,760 Views)

@wrenstales2212  If you've installed Sims 3 via disc, Origin would probably recognize the game once installed and try to update it to 1.69.  You can of course cancel the update, if you see it in time, but this can get tedious.  It's usually easier to keep Origin away from a Sims 3 disc install entirely.  A Steam install would not be affected.

If you'd prefer, we can try to troubleshoot your newer laptop to see if its issues can be fixed.  That way, you don't have to worry about installing Origin on your older laptop.  If you're interested, please run a dxdiag on the slow laptop and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 10 of 16 (1,732 Views)