Sims 4: sims not completing tasks with cc

by amberdaviesxxcx

Original Post

Sims 4: sims not completing tasks with cc

★★★ Newbie

Hope someone can help!
I have recently downloaded cc and a few mods just cas ones like a background and having 3 rows not 2. This is my first time with mods and cc but I’ve researched it a lot and have done it correct. The cc and the sims have been working like normal completing task for 3 days. Now my sims won’t complete she will not cook. She can’t do anything, even if I ask her to play the guitar she will pick it up the action will cancel and she will stop. I’m not sure if it’s my cc or my mods but I’ve wanted cc for a while and just upset that it won’t work. 
Thank you in advance 😊

Message 1 of 2 (349 Views)

Re: Sims 4: sims not completing tasks with cc

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Try resetting your user files to factory settings using whats described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

before you do that Make a backup and make sure not to delete any files so you wont lose anything

After you renamed it you can repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin the option to repair it will pop up.

then start a new game with nothing added back first and if it works you can put back your save file and then it if it still works you can start putting your stuff back in. like all of your other save files (dont put in slot_00000001.save its just the autosave you dont need that if you still have it), your tray folder, screenshots, videos, custom music, your options.ini(you can just reset all your setting manually instead if you want) and your custom content. then if you have mods you can add them back one by one to make sure they sill work. the other stuff is just cache or log files and stuff like that you dont need those.

hope this helps

Message 2 of 2 (298 Views)