by unseenlarks

Original Post

Sims 4 sims get stuck looping

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats & dogs, city living, get together, get to work, parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, toddler stuff, vintage glamour stuff, kids room stuff, movie hangout stuff and cool kitchen stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i'm not sure it just started happening i don't know what caused it
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims start randomly looping animations i cant direct them to stop or do anything they'll eventually stop and go back to normal like nothing happened but it happens every 5 minutes. Play, pause and fast forward don't work when stuck
What do you expect to see? it not freezing every minute
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sims start randomly looping animations i cant direct them to stop or do anything they'll eventually stop and go back to normal like nothing happened but it happens every 5 minutes. Play, pause and fast forward don't work when stuck. I don't know if this is a patch issue or not (i have version 1.36.104.1020 November 15th 2017 update) i don't have any mods installed and I've already tried repairing the game i'm really lost and not so computer smart i just really wish i could go back to playing my game without it freezing on me every minute

Edit: one of my sims inventory is glitched i can't delete or remove a book they have my other sims inventories work normally I've reset them multiple times but it doesn't fix the issue i don't know if this is linked or a separate issue entirely

Message 1 of 6 (1,899 Views)

Re: Sims 4 sims get stuck looping

★★ Expert

i just started noticing this yesterday. a Sim was mixing a drink (her second one; the first she made was just fine) and she suddenly got stuck in the same "loop" in the animation they do when making a drink. i didn't think to make a video but i will if i can reproduce it.

Message 2 of 6 (1,877 Views)

Hero

Hi @beanie_bean17 and @unseenlarks

videos on this would help

Upload them to youtube and link here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (1,845 Views)

★★ Expert

i'll try to replicate this.

Message 4 of 6 (1,839 Views)

Hero

Hi @unseenlarks and @beanie_bean17

any luck with replicating ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (1,817 Views)

★★ Expert

i saw it once again, but it was very brief... kind of like a going back and forth with the mixing drink animation, but i was too slow to record. will try again asap.

Message 6 of 6 (1,812 Views)