Re: Sims 4 sim name issue???

by barbiebabe22

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 sim name issue???

★★ Novice

Not sure if this is the right  place or not, but I'm having issues with sims 4 not recognizing my Sim's name.

Example when using  the Sim Id cheat, I  put in his name  but it says Sim not found. Yet when I use the cheat with other sims it works perfectly.

does the game not recognize Azusa as a name or what?? It also fails to recognize it when I try using the relationship cheats too. Works with other sims though.

This is the cheat I use for Sim id:  sims.get_sim_id_by_name Azusa Mukami

This is the cheat I use for  relationships for example:  modifyrelationship Azusa Mukami Kou Mukami 50 LTR_Friendship_Main  or for romance for example

modifyrelationship Azusa Mukami Kou Mukami 50 Romance_Main

Message 1 of 8 (3,428 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Actually I tried again to rename and it worked. Seems like it's an issue with some Japanese names. Which sucks because I was trying to quickly get the Diabolik lovers Mukami sims relationships sorted so I could share them and people wouldn't have to do it themselves. Oh well, thanks you your help anyway!

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (3,358 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Make sure that you not by mistake named him with all lowercase letters in first or last name. Try using "" around first and last name.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 8 (3,414 Views)

★★ Novice
I've always checked,double and triple checked that I'm entering things correctly. With this one I checked way more times than I can remember checking. Tried the "" as well, doesn't work.

Even tried restarting the game and clearing cache too.

I did conciser the possibility of it being my mods as well, but that doesn't make any sense, if it was the issue, then it wouldn't work for other sims either.

Message 3 of 8 (3,407 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Just to be sure you did try it like this: "Azusa" "Mukami" not like this: "Azusa Mukami"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 8 (3,398 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If you rename the Sim in CAS does the cheat then work?

Message 5 of 8 (3,386 Views)

★★ Novice
Yeah I tried both to be sure
Message 6 of 8 (3,360 Views)

★★ Novice
No. I actually think maybe there is something corrupt with the sim specifically.
Message 7 of 8 (3,359 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Actually I tried again to rename and it worked. Seems like it's an issue with some Japanese names. Which sucks because I was trying to quickly get the Diabolik lovers Mukami sims relationships sorted so I could share them and people wouldn't have to do it themselves. Oh well, thanks you your help anyway!

Message 8 of 8 (3,359 Views)