Sims 4 shutting down for no reason

by Lollirot2010

Original Post

Sims 4 shutting down for no reason

★★ Novice

I tried to search through topics already posted and most of those were solved by the original poster for whatever reason. I cannot seem to figure out what has changed from just a few hours ago until now, that is crashing my game. I am trying to merge households, after just loading the game up and it continues to just crash. No error, no pop up, no crash message. It just disappears. There is a last crash file in my folder, but I have no clue how to read it.

My sister has played the game all day without issue, I closed down and went to check for mod updates (as I do every time before I load up the game). No new changes to be noted. When I turn game on, it loads up quickly, it allows me to load my save. Then once I go into the manage households tab and try to merge households it closes the game down. I do play with cc and mods. As stated my sister has played her save all day without issue. I have played my save (the one currently giving me issues) for months now. Pre patch, post patch, no mods, updated mods, etc. I honestly can't figure out what is suddenly the issue.

*** My post was marked as spam for some reason, so I am not attaching files to this one to see if that is why. ~ I have attached my DxDiag and the lastCrash files for reference. (It doesn't seem to like/allow me to attach the lastCrash file, so I can share if need be)

Message 1 of 4 (315 Views)

Re: Sims 4 shutting down for no reason

Hero
@Lollirot2010 To upload your lastcrash files you need to create a .rar file and up load that.

Or you can upload to google drive or one drive and share from there.

-----

If you start a new save, does that work ? Does your sister play on the same windows account ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (307 Views)

★★ Novice

My sister does play on the same account/computer as me. She lives with me and plays on my computer. I did not try a new save but I will go try that now to see if it stops. Here is a .rar of my dxdiag and lastcrash

Attachment
Download this attachment
Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 3 of 4 (291 Views)

Hero
@Lollirot2010 It does sound like it's something with the save then.

If a new one works, it's possible that a mod corrupted the save or something.

Could you test if the save works if you move out the mods folder and delete your localthumbcache file ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (265 Views)