Re: Sims 4 setup

by 6144f7feed492a7d290eabe434ea4c8f

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 setup

Hi, I bought the DVD with the Sims 4 and I can't install it. It starts with installing Origin and it won't continue. It starts over and over again installing Origin and some times it asks to download the newest version of origin which is not possible.

I'm using a HP laptop with 4 gb ram and windows 10 64 bit.

Please help

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5 (416 Views)

Accepted Solution

@6144f7feed492a7d290eabe434ea4c8f  The version of Origin on your Sims 4 DVD may be too old to even properly update itself.  So instead, please download Origin from here:

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/download

(Don't download the EA App, which is newer but still in beta and doesn't have all Origin's features yet.)  Sign into Origin, then open your game library and click +Add a Game in the upper-right corner.  Enter the product code that came with Sims 4; it should be on the back of the insert that came inside the case.

Once you've entered the code, you'll be able to download the game directly from Origin.  You could still install via DVD, but it's more efficient to simply download the game because you'll get the fully updated version rather than needing to wait for Origin to update it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (407 Views)

All Replies

@6144f7feed492a7d290eabe434ea4c8f  The version of Origin on your Sims 4 DVD may be too old to even properly update itself.  So instead, please download Origin from here:

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/download

(Don't download the EA App, which is newer but still in beta and doesn't have all Origin's features yet.)  Sign into Origin, then open your game library and click +Add a Game in the upper-right corner.  Enter the product code that came with Sims 4; it should be on the back of the insert that came inside the case.

Once you've entered the code, you'll be able to download the game directly from Origin.  You could still install via DVD, but it's more efficient to simply download the game because you'll get the fully updated version rather than needing to wait for Origin to update it.

Message 2 of 5 (408 Views)

Hi, thanks for the instructions. I did everything, it was all ok till the part of downloading the game.instead Io that it started to update Origin again. It doesn't work.

Message 3 of 5 (272 Views)

@6144f7feed492a7d290eabe434ea4c8f  Are you trying to download the game from Origin, or are you trying to install the game from the disc?  Please do not use the disc at all; just add the product code that came with it to your Origin library.

Message 4 of 5 (257 Views)

Thanks for your reply. Somehow I managed to install it. In a bit I have to check if it plays.

Message 5 of 5 (253 Views)