Sims 4 seasons won't let me choose season option

by choppe101

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 seasons won't let me choose season option

★★★ Newbie

I have a Dell PC and it is new & updated. I have all expansions on the Sims 4 except for Island Living and multiple smaller add-on packs. I had no other problems with the Sims 4 except for smaller menu option while playing in-game. I have already tried contacting multiple EA technical support staff members, but they all cut my questions off short, and none of them helped solve my problems. In the game, I can only create Sims or a new household. Once I complete the household, it saves and takes me to the screen where I am supposed to choose which season I want a given household to start in. I can only go this far in the game, due to the fact that I cannot choose a season to continue with that given household. I have tried working on this issue for many days, and I am not sure what I can do at this point. I have tried clearing the cache under the "ProgramData" folder with the file titled "Origin", but it said that I could not delete the file due to it being used in another program. I looked under task manager, and it said that there were no apps running at the time. I then tried uninstalling Origin and installing it again. I then tried restarting my computer and attempting to fix up my internet settings. Then, I tried going under "Application Settings" to disable Origin In-Game.

Message 1 of 7 (6,256 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 seasons won't let me choose season option

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@choppe101

Path to this folder :
Users/User/Documents/Electronic Arts /The SIms4 
If you have Win10 :
Click on "This PC"
then click on your C Drive, which looks like this for example -- Acer ( C : ) (Without spaces) --
If you've clicked on it, then you'll see a bunch of folders, Some with program files, etc..
Click on the folder that says 'Users'
then once you've done that, click on the one folder that has your PC's name on it, then click on Documents after the PC's named folder, once you've also done that you'll be directed to some more folders, Click on Electronic Arts then you will see Sims 4 folder

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (6,229 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@choppe101

Have you tried to repair the game in Origin?
Change the name of folder The SIms4 to The Sims4old in Documents and try to launch the game. The new game folder should be created and you will have two. One old and one new.
Check if you still have this error in the new, virgin game folder.

The new Origin update was yesterday. Did you do this update?

You can try this way, however, it was a different problem with Origin blocking access to the Gallery. Check if you can open Gallery in the game. If you can't do it there is a chance that this way will work and your problem with the game is related to this issue

But if you can open the Gallery don't do it!

I assume you have a Win10 system
This is the EA advice but it is related to the Gallery problem, although it concerns Origin
Hold down the Windows Key and press X.
Click Administrator: Windows Powershell.
When the command prompt opens, type ipconfig/flushdns and press Enter.
Type ipconfig /registerdns and press Enter.
Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
Once you complete this please complete the following steps mentioned below and your issue should be resolved.
Open the Start menu and search for msconfig.
Click on System Configuration.
Click the Services tab.
Check the box to Hide all Microsoft Services, then click the Disable All button.
Click on the Startup tab, then click on Open Task Manager.
It can take a few seconds for the Task Manager list to load.
Click each of the Startup programs in the list then click the Disable button.
Close the Task Manager window.
Click OK on the System Configuration window to save your changes, then restart your computer.
Once you restart your computer, try launching your game again.

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 7 (6,243 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried repairing the Sims 4 under the Origin application, but it did not seem to work.. and regarding to what you said "Change the name of folder The SIms4 to The Sims4old in Documents and try to launch the game. The new game folder should be created and you will have two. One old and one new.
Check if you still have this error in the new, virgin game folder." :

How do I get to this folder? 

Message 3 of 7 (6,233 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@choppe101

Path to this folder :
Users/User/Documents/Electronic Arts /The SIms4 
If you have Win10 :
Click on "This PC"
then click on your C Drive, which looks like this for example -- Acer ( C : ) (Without spaces) --
If you've clicked on it, then you'll see a bunch of folders, Some with program files, etc..
Click on the folder that says 'Users'
then once you've done that, click on the one folder that has your PC's name on it, then click on Documents after the PC's named folder, once you've also done that you'll be directed to some more folders, Click on Electronic Arts then you will see Sims 4 folder

Message 4 of 7 (6,230 Views)

★★★ Newbie

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I worked on this for hours today ;--; I am very grateful for this advice, and I will keep this in mind if this happens next time Standard smile 

Message 5 of 7 (6,218 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@choppe101

Glad it worked for you.
You can have your old library and maybe old saves too.
Delete in this new game folder followings folders: saves and Tray
Then copy your old Tray folder an paste it in this new folder.
Do the same with the saves folder.
Your library - Tray will work OK for sure.
But if the problem was in your saves - then saves will not work. If it will not work with old saves folder delete it. The game will create a new one - once more.
Message 6 of 7 (6,216 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi I am having the same problem 

I can’t select a season and it keeps popping up when I try to bu a store or something 

Message 7 of 7 (10 Views)