Re: Sims 4 seasons not downloading

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Sims 4 seasons not downloading

★★ Novice

Hey  I preordered the seasons and it still hasn't downloaded. I keep getting an error saying origin is unable to download...  Anyone having this issue and how was it fixed

Message 1 of 9 (3,282 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I’m having the same problem. I did some research about it and read that there was a bug in the download but EA should have it fixed either tonight or tomorrow at the latest. 

Message 2 of 9 (3,251 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I was having this issue last night when I tried to download Seasons.

Try this:

Fully exit out of the game and Origin. - If exiting Origin isn't working, open Task manager (Ctrl-Shift-Esc) search for a file called ts4.exe. Click on it and select end process.

Restart the computer and try again to see if Origin automatically starts downloading any free and/or owned content.

If that doesn't work, try resetting the installation folder for Sims 4.

To do this, go to Origin and click Application Settings, select the Installs and Saves tab and re-select the location to install the game to.

For example: Install Sims 4 to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Game

This should help Origin reset the download and see any new updates or content ready to download and install.

Message 3 of 9 (3,237 Views)

★ Novice

So i tried a bunch of stuff (restart/reset all of origin/ get rid and redownload everything/ etc.) 

THE ONLY THING THAT WORKED FOR ME: 

-I called EA support, they instructed me to do this 

-Open origin

-Go to your avatar and when the list next to it shows up click "EA Account and Billing" 

-It will take you to your account online 

-Go to Order history 

-Now I don't know if you can do this yourself but basically, the status next to Sims 4 Seasons should say 'Complete' not anything else like processing and such. The guy I was talking to cancelled my order (So I didn't have to pay twice) and I just bought it again Standard smile 

-It's downloading now! 

Message 4 of 9 (3,093 Views)

★★ Novice
I had to resort to doing this too.. Thanks
Message 5 of 9 (3,057 Views)

★ Novice

i cant call from sweden what should i do?

Message 6 of 9 (2,958 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Login via your account - the same one your using now to contact EA Customer Service:

-- Go To: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

If anyone is having downloading issues, please see this help post linked below:

General Download Issues
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/FAQ-Serial-Codes-Game-Activation-and-Download-Issues/t...

Message 7 of 9 (2,946 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did that and mine said complete but whenever i try updating my game it doesn't work and says "check your connection or try again later". I deleted cc that i had downloaded that day, still didn't work. Seasons won't work in my game.

Message 8 of 9 (2,661 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please check that you security software is not blocking Origin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 9 of 9 (2,654 Views)