Re: Sims 4 screenshots taken when fastforwarding game

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 4 screenshots taken when fastforwarding game

★★ Novice

Whenever I fastforward the game by pressing 1,2 or 3 on the keyboard, every few seconds a screenshot is taken. How do I solve this issue / disable screenshots? 

Message 1 of 5 (370 Views)

@txsh38  Are the screenshots taken by the game itself, as in, do you get the usual in-game notification?  Or are they taken by some outside program?  If it's another program, check its key bindings and screenshot settings.

Sims 4 itself shouldn't take screenshots while you're fast-forwarding, and as far as I know, it's not possible to change the key binding for screenshots, which has always been C.  I guess it's possible your C key is broken, but absent that, I'm not sure why this would happen.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (348 Views)

★★ Novice

The screenshots are taken in-game, as there are usual in-game notifications. However, it might not be the fast forwarding issue but the screenshots just happen to be taken every few seconds I fastforward the game. 

Message 3 of 5 (342 Views)

@txsh38  Do you still get these screenshots if you use the UI buttons to change the game speed?  I know it's not as convenient, but I'm curious.

I'm also curious whether there's anything special about these screenshots, or at least whether the game thinks there is.  What I mean is, are they random captures, or does their content seem to have a theme or pattern?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 5 (315 Views)

★★ Novice

Somehow the screenshots now are gone, but sometimes it will still be a black screenshot. Thank you! 

Message 5 of 5 (275 Views)