Sims 4 says invalid license reason code = Missing DLL msvcp120.dll error 0xc1

by Trova2

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 says invalid license reason code = Missing DLL msvcp120.dll error 0xc

★★ Novice

Hi Microsoft support have tried that before, and I have just tried it again, no luck. In your experience would you say its a Microsoft issue or a game issue?

Message 11 of 19 (1,238 Views)

Re: Sims 4 says invalid license reason code = Missing DLL msvcp120.dll error 0xc

★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen wrote:

@Trova2 

Did you install yesterday's update?

@jpkarlsen 

Yes, I did.

Message 12 of 19 (1,228 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Please try to run Origin as Administrator and start the game from Origin Game Library. See if that works.

Edit:

Just to make sure You did run both the x86 and x64 installers from both of the directories from the image I posted earlier?

@Trova2 @jashingtons 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 13 of 19 (1,221 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, I've just tried it, same error code shows.  Yes I did the update yesterday too.

Message 14 of 19 (1,204 Views)

★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen 

I have already run the x86 and x64 installers and ran Origin as Administrator and still, the error is not gone.

Message 15 of 19 (1,184 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Try to download the files directly from Microsoft. Both x64 and x86 are needed:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4032938/update-for-visual-c-2013-redistributable-package

Also run SFC /scannow

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 16 of 19 (3,850 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, it worked! Thank you, my daughter is over the moon.  The 3rd link fixed it, and I didnt have to run SFC/scannow.

Message 17 of 19 (1,136 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@jashingtons 

Thanks for the feedback. Glad it worked.

Message 18 of 19 (1,128 Views)

★★ Novice
@jashingtons LUCKY
Message 19 of 19 (1,069 Views)