Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Sims 4 says invalid license reason code = Missing DLL msvcp120.dll error 0xc

by jashingtons

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 says invalid license reason code = Missing DLL msvcp120.dll error 0xc

★★★★ Novice

Hi Microsoft support have tried that before, and I have just tried it again, no luck. In your experience would you say its a Microsoft issue or a game issue?

Message 11 of 18 (149 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen wrote:

@Trova2 

Did you install yesterday's update?

@jpkarlsen 

Yes, I did.

Message 12 of 18 (139 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

Please try to run Origin as Administrator and start the game from Origin Game Library. See if that works.

Edit:

Just to make sure You did run both the x86 and x64 installers from both of the directories from the image I posted earlier?

@Trova2 @jashingtons 

Message 13 of 18 (132 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I've just tried it, same error code shows.  Yes I did the update yesterday too.

Message 14 of 18 (115 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen 

I have already run the x86 and x64 installers and ran Origin as Administrator and still, the error is not gone.

Message 15 of 18 (95 Views)

Message 16 of 18 (106 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, it worked! Thank you, my daughter is over the moon.  The 3rd link fixed it, and I didnt have to run SFC/scannow.

Message 17 of 18 (46 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@jashingtons 

Thanks for the feedback. Glad it worked.

Message 18 of 18 (38 Views)
sims-four-characters

The Sims 4 Patch Notes

Check out the latest updates and bug fixes

View more on EA Help
white-sims-bg

Restore a previous saved game

Choose from an automatically stored save point in The Sims 4 if your data's corrupted or you want to revert anyway.

View more on EA Help

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help