Re: Sims 4 says invalid license reason code = Missing DLL msvcp120.dll error 0xc

by Trova2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 says invalid license reason code = Missing DLL msvcp120.dll error 0xc1

★★ Novice

I opened sims 4 after updating it and it said Invalid license. Reason code = Missing DLL [MSVCP120.dll] Error: 0xC1.

Any help?

Also, I've seen other posts but their answers didn't work for me so I am making this.

I tried downloading vcredst_x64 and vcredist_x86 from Microsoft.

I do have mods but I already removed them before updating and idk what it means

Thanks

Message 1 of 19 (2,919 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 says invalid license reason code = Missing DLL msvcp120.dll error 0xc

Champion (Retired)

Try to download the files directly from Microsoft. Both x64 and x86 are needed:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4032938/update-for-visual-c-2013-redistributable-package

Also run SFC /scannow

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 16 of 19 (3,855 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@Trova2 

Please run the two setup files here: 

VC-install.png

Notice that your path will likely be C:\program files(x86) and so on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 19 (2,897 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen 

Thanks for your answer but it still doesn't work after I ran the vcredist_x64 and 86.

Message 3 of 19 (2,872 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Trova2 

Rightclick the game in Origin Game library and select repair.

Message 4 of 19 (2,854 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen 

Sorry, but I forgot to add in the description of the question that I have already repaired the game.

Message 5 of 19 (2,827 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Trova2 

Please uninstall Origin. Then download the latest version here: https://www.origin.com/dnk/en-us/store/download
After installation login to the account you have The Sims 4 on. Rightclick the game in your game library and select Repair.

Message 6 of 19 (2,815 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen 

I did all of that, but, I still have the problem.

Message 7 of 19 (2,797 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Trova2 

Did you install yesterday's update?

Message 8 of 19 (2,795 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi I have this problem also, EA games and Microsoft support have tried various things, including your advice.  Sims 3 works fine.  Please help.

Message 9 of 19 (2,782 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please try to run this command "SFC /scannow"

Message 10 of 19 (2,776 Views)