Sims 4: saves not appearing

by Shannon18xoxo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4: saves not appearing

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I just got a new computer so I wanted to transfer my saves and tray folder from my old to my new computer, so I put them into the new sims 4 folder but when I start up the game none of my saves are there and everything in my library is gone and it says “item could not be located” I also transferred my mods and cc and they worked fine but just not my saves and tray folder, so I am wondering on how I am going to get them to appear in my game.

Message 1 of 8 (3,227 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4: saves not appearing

Hero (Retired)
@Shannon18xoxo

And I assume that both Windows 10.
You can try doing a factory reset of the game folder
https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/
but I don't think it will big help.

There was probably an error when saving these old folders. You can repeat this operation if you still have an old computer to check if the error has disappeared. You can also send to the Gallery all the contents of your old Tray folder and then download it from your catalog. This is a more reliable way to transfer library content.

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (3,149 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@Shannon18xoxo

Have you deleted new saves and Tray folders from the new game folder?
If you didn't do this before pasting your old folders, you have 2 saves folders and 2 Tray folders now there, and the game will read only these new ones.

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 8 (3,179 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, yes I deleted the new saves and the tray folder, the only saves and tray files I have in there and the old ones.

Message 3 of 8 (3,175 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Shannon18xoxo

What system your old computer did use? The same as the new one? And also 64 -bit?
Message 4 of 8 (3,164 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes both of the computers are 64 bit

Message 5 of 8 (3,159 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Shannon18xoxo

And I assume that both Windows 10.
You can try doing a factory reset of the game folder
https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/
but I don't think it will big help.

There was probably an error when saving these old folders. You can repeat this operation if you still have an old computer to check if the error has disappeared. You can also send to the Gallery all the contents of your old Tray folder and then download it from your catalog. This is a more reliable way to transfer library content.
Message 6 of 8 (3,150 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yep, doing the factory reset seemed to have helped and everything is there now,

thanks so much for your help 😬

Message 7 of 8 (3,140 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Shannon18xoxo

Glad it worked for you.
Have a great time with your sims Standard smile
Message 8 of 8 (3,122 Views)