Sims 4 save not loading

by Leefoleyyy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 save not loading

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, my Fiance is having some problems with her Sims 4, (it's not on origin, it's a separate download), she was playing it yesterday, and after switching the laptop off, she tried to play again later on, but the game was just trying to load with no success. I have cleared all junk files on the laptop. The game loaded quicker into the menu screen, and into the "manage world's" screen, but still wouldn't load the actual saved game, the loading screen continues spinning over and over.

I have tried moving the mods folder to the desktop, with no luck. 

The other saves load fine, albeit a little slow, I have noticed there are last exception files, that seem to correlate with the failed loads. 

I'm not sure what to try next, as I'm not familiar with Sims, any help appreciated.

Message 1 of 9 (1,747 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 save not loading

@Leefoleyyy  Try loading a different household within the same save.  (Just click on a different house and thene click the Play button in the lower right corner.)  When you load that household, immediately use "save as" and rename the save, so your original remains as a backup.  Let it run for a few sim-hours, then save, quit, reload the game, and try to load the original household.

If that doesn't work, try loading a backup version of the save, as in, the original, not the one created with "save as."  Use the manual method listed here:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (1,691 Views)

All Replies

@Leefoleyyy  If your fiancee didn't download Sims 4 through Origin or Steam, then her game is a crack.  There's not going to be any help for cracked copies on any official EA site.

Message 2 of 9 (1,737 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm not sure where it's from, I just know it's not origin, Its her sister's laptop and the game was already on. 

Message 3 of 9 (1,729 Views)

@Leefoleyyy  If the game were downloaded from Origin or Steam, it would require Origin or Steam to be open to run it.

Again, sorry, but there's no help here for games from non-legitimate sources.

Message 4 of 9 (1,718 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Apparently it is steam, I didn't even know what that was I've just had to ask her😅 Im not a big gamer or tech guru and have literally no idea about any of this 😅 I've had to Google literally everything I've done so far 

Message 5 of 9 (1,700 Views)

@Leefoleyyy  Try loading a different household within the same save.  (Just click on a different house and thene click the Play button in the lower right corner.)  When you load that household, immediately use "save as" and rename the save, so your original remains as a backup.  Let it run for a few sim-hours, then save, quit, reload the game, and try to load the original household.

If that doesn't work, try loading a backup version of the save, as in, the original, not the one created with "save as."  Use the manual method listed here:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

Message 6 of 9 (1,692 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much, it worked perfectly 😁

Message 7 of 9 (1,681 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi sorry to drop in on this topic, but I'm having the same issue and I've tried all the steps you have listed. What else can I try or is my game past saving?

Message 8 of 9 (1,324 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread is a little older now, so it's been locked to prevent any necro-posting. 

If you're still needing help with this issue, please create a new thread so we can take a look with you Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 9 of 9 (1,265 Views)