Re: Sims 4 save files are gone

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 4 save files are gone

★★★ Newbie

I was recently having issues with Sims 4 not starting so uninstalled and reinstalled Origin and Sims. It will let me open it now but all of my saved are gone!

I followed some tips I found here and opened the saved games in my folder- [C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves] but it is completely empty except for the scratch folder. It do not see any of the Slot_0000000 files in my recycling bin either. Is there any other way I could recover this?

Message 1 of 2 (972 Views)

Re: Sims 4 save files are gone

@bisrael37  If you deleted the Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts when you uninstalled the game, you also deleted your saves.  While this folder shouldn't be deleted when the game itself is uninstalled, it does happen sometimes, so that may also be the reason the saves are missing.  But it's possible you have a backup somewhere.  First, check OneDrive's Documents directory, that is if OneDrive is running at all.

If you don't find any Sims 4 files in OneDrive, try searching your computer.  Open a File Explorer window and click This PC in the left panel, then enter Slot_ in the search field in the upper-right corner.  If there are any saves on your computer, this should find them, and you can click on one and then click the "Open file location" menu button to jump to wherever the save is.

If you happen to find saves or other content, you can move the files back to the appropriate folders in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, and the game should read them again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (926 Views)