Re: Sims 4 save file deleted after I renamed it

by elmthomas

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 save file deleted after I renamed it

★★ Novice

I renamed my sims 4 save in my documents to what my family name was, so like I changed it from 00000044.save of whatever to their name, and then when i opened sims that save has been deleted from my game?? I’m very upset bc I spent precious time playing this save instead of revising for my a levels so pls help me 

Message 1 of 4 (5,079 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@elmthomas
Recall the original folder name again. This folder can only have the original name and not another. In this moment with the new name it is invisible for the game,

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (5,068 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@elmthomas
Recall the original folder name again. This folder can only have the original name and not another. In this moment with the new name it is invisible for the game,

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 4 (5,069 Views)

★★ Guide

The game can only read files in the save folder named exactly "Slot_" followed by 8 numbers and .save  (the .ver # are your backups). You can't rename saves in the saves folder, except to assign them different numbers, exactly 8 numbers long. 

You can rename them in the main menu or when you click save as. But that doesn't transfer to the saves folder, save as will only give it a new slot number. 

Message 3 of 4 (5,051 Views)

★★ Novice

oh my gosh thank you so much i love you

Message 4 of 4 (5,026 Views)