Sims 4 running very slow

by asriellex

Original Post

Sims 4 running very slow

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

After an update for the Sims 4 that came out sometime over the summer (if remember correctly), my game has been running EXTREMELY slow. I've done everything I could think of. I took out CC and mods, (and at one point with CC and mods the game wouldn't even start up), tried repairing it through Origin, cleared out cache and tray and all of that. Then when I got fed up I just uninstalled the game entirely. Today I re-downloaded it hoping that maybe another update that had come out in the time it was off my computer would have fixed things, but it hasn't. It's still running slow. My DxDiag info is provided.

Message 1 of 4 (311 Views)

Re: Sims 4 running very slow

[ Edited ]
Hero

@asriellex Hi! I moved your thread from the general EA forum to The Sims 4 tech support forum for PC. I hope someone can help you here.

With a technical issue, it's useful to provide some technical info about your computer. Assuming this is a Windows PC and not a Mac, a DxDiag file might be useful to the Sims helpers on this subforum. More info here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 4 (298 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@asriellex 

Your Graphics driver is years old. Visit amd.com to upgrade.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 4 (277 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I upgraded it, but my game is still running slow. Is it just that the graphics driver on my computer is no longer compatible with the newer updates for the Sims 4? My game had always worked very well up until that one summer update.

Message 4 of 4 (253 Views)